Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debbie1long Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2013, 07:07 AM
    Should I ground lp copper pipe
    Is it true that copper lp lines do not need to be grounded, even if the tanks are behind my garage 130' away? And are connected to a gas fireplace and then another 25' to connect to another gas fireplace?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Dec 7, 2013, 07:46 AM
    Why would you ground a copper gas line that is presumably already under ground?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to ground propane copper pipe? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a propane garage heater. The propane tank will be outside with a copper pipe feed to the inside heater. I read I need to ground the copper pipe. How Do I do this? I read I need to ground it to the electrical panel. I've also read I need to ground it to a grounding stake in the ground...

Can I ground my generator to a copper rod driven into the ground with coax cable? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to test my 6000 watt generator. It is recommended that I ground it to a copper rod driven into the ground. I alread have a copper rod that is used to ground my telephone and cable lines. Can I use a length of coax cable to run from my generator ground to the copper rod?

Attaching copper faucet to copper pipe attached to plastic pipe? [ 1 Answers ]

I have plastic piping in the house which leads outside and then copper piping is outside with a facet attached.. I need to change the facet with torch and solder... if I heat the old one to remove with this heat travel down the copper pipe through the wall and affect the plastic pipe.. I am worried...

Correct method to RUN copper ground wire to ground a 200 amp electrical circuit box? [ 0 Answers ]

Is a 3-wire copper ground or a solid copper wire required to ground a 200 amp electrical box? Is this wireing correct: A 3-wire copper ground wire in a conduit run from the electrical panel to the copper rod in the ground then to the cold water; AND THEN IN THE GARAGE the naked 3-wire...

A/C not cooling, Small Copper pipe COLD and Large Copper pipe room temp. [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into a newly constructed townhome and the a/c units are of course new. The A/c is not cooling at all. The machine inside turns on as well as the one outside. The inside A/C makes a strange sucking sound kind of like if you were sipping something out of a cup with a straw and you ran...

View more questions Search