Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lightning14j Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2013, 05:46 PM
    Knife?
    Im a 14 year old boy who really wants to get some sort of pocket knife or somethinv for christmas(a knife that is actually good not some crappy one) but my parents are supper strict about that kind of stuff what are some specific knives I could ask for that aren't real "big" and that a parent would likely be OK with.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Dec 6, 2013, 06:09 PM
    I doubt your parents will be happy with you having any knife, but I liked the Old Timer line of knives when I was your age. The original Old Timer went out of business, so I can't comment on the current line from China as I don't have any. I also had several Swiss Army knives and some Buck knives. Butterfly or balisong knives were popular then too, but we didn't have the terrorist cloud overhanging everything like today.

Dec 6, 2013, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scleros View Post
    I doubt your parents will be happy with you having any knife, but I liked the Old Timer line of knives when I was your age. The original Old Timer went out of business, so I can't comment on the current line from China as I don't have any. I also had several Swiss Army knives and some Buck knives. Butterfly or balisong knives were popular then too, but we didn't have the terrorist cloud overhanging everything like today.
    Yes that's why I would want a smaller knife so my parents don't start thinking I'm going to go around stabbing people( the world now adays seams just to presume if you want a weapon your going to do harm with it)
    Hardware Expert

Dec 6, 2013, 06:41 PM
    A knife is personal preference. All three of the lines mentioned in my first post have small folding pocket knives. The Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD is handy for most daily urban tasks (letter opening!).

Dec 6, 2013, 06:47 PM
    Thank you very much I will definitely look into some of them(and really hope I can convince my parents)
    Hardware Expert

Dec 6, 2013, 06:53 PM
    You're welcome. Good luck.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2013, 01:53 AM
    Lightning remember, if you do get a pocket knife, it will be considered a weapon, schools, security checkpoints and such.

I also like the old timer, I carry the small four bladed one and have for years. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Knife or fork? [ 12 Answers ]

When I have a tender cut of meat, a pancake, large vegetables, etc. is it improper to cut with only my fork and not use my knife?

How sharpen knife [ 9 Answers ]

When I sharpen knives with the draw=through sharpener or the ceramic rods, I can never get them as sharp as they were when new. What's the very best way to sharpen a knife? Thanks

Knife crime? [ 0 Answers ]

What is knife crime? I know what it is but cannot actually put it in full understanding and in good language. And why are young youths involved in knfe crime? Thank you

Knife in the back [ 7 Answers ]

My wife and I are in the process of getting a divorce. I found out this week she opened 2 credit card accounts under my name and SS#. She opened these accounts in October 2006. I found out when I received a call from a collection company. I received the call at my parent’s house, I asked them how...

View more questions Search