Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    truckerguy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2013, 06:57 AM
    Credit card laws in ga
    Just received a credit card from credit one haven't used it. Haven't even actitated card. And yesterday I got a bill for $94.00 for fees. Do I have to pay this bill.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 6, 2013, 08:19 AM
    Why not contact them and ask why you got a bill for a card you never used. This could be a case of identity theft and you need to nip it in the bud.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2013, 12:54 PM
    Fees are different than purchases. What are the "fees "?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 6, 2013, 02:25 PM
    Credit One is a legalized scam card. I get offers for them in the mail all the time. I shred them.

I am assuming that you actually applied for it through one of their mailings, am I right? So your concern is what are they charging you for if you haven't used it...right?

Read the fine print...the disclosure information that you should have read before you accepted the card....

They not only nail you with high interest and low available credit amounts but they also charge you a yearly fee that's usually upwards of $75 along with a "user participation fee", or something along those lines.

EDIT-

https://prequal.creditonebank.com/te...opup/WQL4.aspx

Set-up and Maintenance Fees-

Annual Membership Fee:
    $75 First year (Introductory period). $99 thereafter, billed monthly at $8.25

Authorized User Participation Fee:
    $19 annually (if applicable).

NOTICE: The Annual Membership Fee will be billed to your Account when it is opened and will reduce the amount of your initial available credit. If your Account is established with a credit line of $300, your initial available credit will be $225.

You need to read...read...read and be careful before accepting terms to credit.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 6, 2013, 02:51 PM
    Odinn, good catch Looks like what the OP let himself in for.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 7, 2013, 08:47 AM
    Like I said, I get these all the time. It should be illegal really because their symbol and the way they write their name closely matches Capital One.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Card Collection Laws [ 1 Answers ]

I received a civil suit for a credit card from my deceased husband, it was in both our names. The only money I have is SS and my husbands pension, and his life insurance money in an ING account. Can any of my accounts be garnished for $868.10 ?

Credit card judgement laws [ 3 Answers ]

Can a credit card co get a judgement without a serving summons that specifies date And time of the hearing , and must it be served by certified mail or in person for the State of Minnesota

Georgia Credit Card Laws [ 2 Answers ]

Does Georgia law require signed applications for issuance of credit cards?

Texas Laws on Credit Card Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I was served papers saying that Discover has sued me. I never received an intent to sue letter or anything. I got behind on some payments last year, brought the account up to current last November, then called them for help lowering my 29% interest rate. They would not lower it or help me in...

Are there laws credit card companies must follow... [ 1 Answers ]

Regarding an account going to collections? My Ex-fiance owed the total bill on my Sears account. He was supposed to notify me if he couldn't make the payments so that I could. Needless to say, he stopped making them or wasn't even covering any late payment fees and I was never notified of what...

View more questions Search