Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RPorter1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2013, 08:39 AM
    How to repair a wood burning fireplace
    On my wood burning fireplace (gas start) there are louvers above and below the pit. The lower louvers have a lot of cold air coming from them, almost like it is fan blown. Is this normal? How can I stop the air flow? I thought of a cover on the louvers when not is use. Any help is appreciated.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 5, 2013, 09:32 AM
    The lower louvers might be air intake (no fan). Look outside - is there a vent out there?
    There is new evidence that built in air intake is unnecessary, but codes where you live might not be current.
    Call a local wood stove company. Given the importance of doing this right, I would pay them to send someone out to evaluate your particular stove.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burning firelogs or wood in fireplace [ 4 Answers ]

My landlord just informed me that I can only burn firelogs in my fireplace. Is there any valid physical reason (not "environmental") for this? It's a brick fireplace/chimney with glass doors built in the 1970's by a contractor/owner as part of a conversion of a single family residence to a duplex....

Wood Burning Insert for Fireplace- Appreciate Ideas [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to buy a wood burning insert for an exsiting fireplace. I have had the chimney cleaned, scrubbed and inspected by a qualified chimney guy. I have looked at Hampton and Jotul (steel casing, cast iron face and door, 1800 sqrt feet speace, blowers included). Is there a source that...

Wood Burning Fireplace Repair [ 2 Answers ]

- I bought a home that has a fireplace insert with an added on propane gas log appliance. I would like to burn wood in this fireplace and would like to know how to seal the hole where the gas line entered. The manufactuer has gone out of business but a company that used to sell the fireplaces told...

Wood burning fireplace fans [ 3 Answers ]

Looking to add efficiency for my wood burning fireplace... Has anyone used one of those fireplace fans/tube systems added to their fireplace? Do they work? Do you recommend a particular brand?

View more questions Search