Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ADWest Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2013, 08:10 AM
    Pre heating water to my hot water tank
    I have an outdoor boiler running into my house. I also have a 135 litre tank that I want to use to transfer heat to copper tubing that I can wrap around the tank and hook up to the hot water tank. My question is " do I run the 160 degree boiler water through the tank to heat the water in the copper tubing which would pre heat water to the hot water tank OR run the 160degree boiler water through the tubing and the heat the water in the tank?? Hope that makes sense. Thank you in advance for your help!
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 5, 2013, 11:44 AM
    I would think you would want to use the boiler water to heat the tank, and then run your domestic hot water through the tubing on the outside of that. Is this water constantly circulated or only as needed?

Dec 5, 2013, 01:43 PM
    The water through the tubing is on demand, the boiler water is constantly circulating, it would have 100' of 1/2 " copper tubing tightly wrapped around it with heavy duty glass insulation around the whole tank

Dec 5, 2013, 01:47 PM
    I am concerned at how quickly, if at all, the hot water in the tubing would cool

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Header tank filling to overflow through the cold water feed pipe to hot water tank [ 0 Answers ]

My cold water tank is overflowing and after turning the water off the water seems to be coming up through the cold water pipe from the hot water tank, any idea as to what could be causing this to happen?

Hot water tank not heating. [ 3 Answers ]

Well we changed the heating element, and also changed the thermostat on the hot water heater. We checked to make sure both are receiving the right volts, and the resistance is also measuring correctly. We still have no hot water. Why would this be?

State select hot water heater pilot light goes off after heating one tank of water [ 1 Answers ]

Water heater pilot light goes off after heating one tank of water and has to be relite again.

Hot water tank not heating water [ 4 Answers ]

I have a rheem power vent, model pvw50. It is 6 years old and suddently I'm left without hot water. I went to check it and the fan keeps on working but there is no flame inside. I opened the lid and I can see the ignitor hot inside, then it seems it wants to kick in but it doesn't and the red...

New hot water tank not heating up [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced an old hot water tank with a new one and now this one won't heat up. I made sure it was full and bled the air but here is my problem. It is connected electrically to a separate breaker box, there is a 4 lead wire coming out and the old tank only used two of the wires so I used the...

View more questions Search