Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Urmila Naresh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2013, 10:17 PM
    Photocopy of passport by Indian constitute
    My husband lives in US(Green card holder) and I am in India(Thane-Mumbai).
    My husband wants to produce the photocopy of
    my passport for US taxation.
    So please tell the process to get the photocopy
    of passport by India.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2013, 06:27 AM
    Scan the passport into a computer file and email it to him.
    Urmila Naresh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2013, 07:33 AM
    Thank you for your response.

You mean to say just scan and send the copy, I need not send the attested copy of passport ?
    Will my husband need to get the true copy of my passport from US itself?

Please reply.

Thanks.
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Dec 5, 2013, 10:10 AM
    If your husband is applying for an ITIN number, an emailed copy won't suffice.
    You need to get a certified copy, certified by the issuing agency.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Taxpayer-Identification-Numbers-%28TIN%29
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 5, 2013, 12:29 PM
    TaxFor Aliens has it right.

Certification needs to be done by the Indian government, either by you in India or by your husband at a consulate or the embassy in Washington DC.

My clients who have done it through a consulate have the best luck with the Indian consulate in San Francisco.

Also, note that YOU will have to sign the Form W-7 and the tax return, so you may need professional help in the process. I can offer such help. If interested, email me at the email address in my profile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indian passport 6 month [ 1 Answers ]

I am travelling to India on an Indian Passport which expires on 8.7.12. I come back from India on 3.6.13. Do I require my passport to have a minimum of 6 months on it before I travel to India? Thank you. Kind Regards, Taranjit

Indian Passport renewal [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to renew my passport. I would like to know if I do not live within Jurisdiction area of NY india cosulate can I go to NY Indian cosulate? Or I have to go to my area ? Thanks Help321

Indian Passport expired [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I am working /living in Netherland for the last 20 months on a valid Work permit that expires on July 2012. My Indian Passport got expired on 30th DEC 2010,can I travel back to India on the expired passport? Regards Sree

Change indian passport to german passport. [ 1 Answers ]

I had wriiten you an application that I have german passport and I am living in german for last 20 years and I even have the citizenship of german also. I want to change indian passport to german passport.

You.S. Passport and Indian visa [ 4 Answers ]

I hold a current U.S. passport. I am resident in India with my husband and family. The nearest visa office, in Pune, Maharasthra State, refuses to renew my visa (expires Oct. 10, 2008) because of corruption within their own office. I have committed no offense of any kind. What is the most quick way...

View more questions Search