Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harleyrn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Connect TV,vcr,cable,dvd recorder
    I have a rca big sreen TV, digital cable box, vcr and dvd recorder. I can't seem to get it all connected properly by following the TV instruction guide or the dvd recorder instruction guide. I would like to be able to record dvd's from old vcr tapes, plus be able to have a strong enough signal to watch on demand channels. It seems when I hook up the cable directly to the dvd recorder then I can't get enough signal to work on-demand, then when I hook up through the cable box I can't record old vcr tapes to the dvd recorder.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Mar 31, 2007, 02:10 PM
    I can't tell you how to do it, but I can tell you that if you call the customer service line on one of your instruction guide that they will walk you through it step by step.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Apr 1, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Your dvd recorder should have more than 1 input, and more than 1 output.

Connect the cable to your cable box. Connect the RCA outputs from the cable box, using (red, yellow and white RCAs) to the corresponding colors on the dvd input 1.

Connect the vcr using same colored cables to dvd input 2.

Connect the dvd output to your TV, using same cables.

Now, switch the input on the dvd recorder when you want to record/view input 1 or input 2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect LCD TV, DVD/VCR and Cable [ 2 Answers ]

I have Direct TV box and would like to connect a Sharp LC20S2U LCD TV and a JVC HR-XVC37U DVD/VCR. I want to be able to watch TV while the VCR is recording another station. I also have a separate outdoor Antenna that gets very good reception for local stations. I would like to be able to use that...

Hooking up dvd/vcr recorder to a TV with digital cable [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to hook up a dvd/vcr(Pioneer) recorder to a digital cable box with a Panasonic lcd TV.

Dvd/vcr Recorder Hookup To Satelliteand Tv [ 2 Answers ]

Hi does anyone know how to hookup a dvd/vcr recorder combo to starchoice satellite and sony TV model KP-61v85. I also have a hometheater system but it is a older one so Im not sure If I can hook into that or not. Thankful for any help.

How hookup a DVD/VCR recorder, 2 satellite receivers one PVR to a Sony LCD HD TV [ 5 Answers ]

Please help!:confused: I have a Bell Express Vu system, which consists of a 3100 receiver connected from the satellite dish directly to the LCD TV via the cable, runs on channel 3. The second receiver is a 5900 with the built in PVR it is connected to the TV by a s-video cable as well as the RCA...

View more questions Search