Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kbbingham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2013, 08:13 PM
    What do I need to do to adopt my 14 year old brother?
    I am 18 years old getting ready to turn 19. I am currently a Police Cadet at the Knoxville Police Department. I was adopted when I was 11 with my brother when he was 6 and my parents recently put my brother back into foster care and gave up their rights. I am willing to take on full responsibility of a parent in order to take care of my brother. Not every foster home you go into is a good one.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 4, 2013, 08:47 PM
    Have you talked with your brother or his foster care parents? Do you two keep in touch? Are you financially independent and stable?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2013, 05:41 AM
    You need to talk to the agency that is responsible for him. Let them know you are willing and able to foster him. Talk to the caseworker about what is necessary.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Dec 7, 2013, 11:06 PM
    kbbingham, you cannot adopt your brother but you may be able to obtain guardianship over him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2013, 02:10 AM
    Your age and short time on job may not help. But it is possible. Also, does your brother have problems. If he was adopted by a family, and the later after adoption are giving up rights to him and putting him into foster care. He must have some serious issues.?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I adopt my brother? [ 4 Answers ]

Im 21 years old and I'm married I have a 13 year old brother that I want to adopt.Our parents are divorce my dad doesn't live in the USA and he's not able to provide for my brother and my mom is unable to support him because she doesn't have a job and because of her immigration status it has...

How do I adopt my little brother? [ 3 Answers ]

My younger brother is 16 years old and is about to turn 17. His father does not treat him right abd department of children and families have got involved several times. However he is still living with his father until he recently left. I am the older sister and I wish to be the guardian for my...

I want to adopt my little brother [ 3 Answers ]

My moms totally unfit to take care of him and is threatening to send him away to some home is there any way I can stop it and adopt my brother?

View more questions Search