Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrownTheNicci Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2013, 11:33 AM
    I want a baby. What should I do?
    I am very young. 15 in fact. I had an abortion earlier this year and ever since then I have felt a void. I am in a committed relationship and I know I can't have one nor should I. However I don't know how I can handle this. Any advice would be helpful. I am in therapy and on pills but all she says is its normal. I want to be able to not feel this way.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 2, 2013, 11:39 AM
    Sounds to me like you are going through post partum depression. She needs to pull you out of it. How many weeks were you along before you had the abortion?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 2, 2013, 11:47 AM
    Is your therapist helping you with grieving? That's what you need to be doing, what you probably haven't done.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 2, 2013, 01:56 PM
    First, at 15, you need to understand you are too young to be in a "committed relationship". It may feel like it, but its just too young. Second, if your therapist is not helping you deal with these feelings, maybe you need to try a different therapist.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 3, 2013, 08:50 AM
    Stick with therapy, and good for you for seeking therapy out in the first place.

Maybe part of you needing a relationship right now, is the fact that you are 'missing' something. Maybe some idealized dream about the love of a baby, and the loss of that opportunity. It probably feels like you are trapped in a bad dream and you want that part of your life, put to rest.

It will take time, and it will take common sense. Having a baby at your age is no picnic, regardless of thinking that it might solve any problems of 'loss'. To have a baby after you graduate high school, and then college, and to be independent and providing for own needs, has to come first.

If you can set that goal, and decide for all the right reasons that having a baby to fill a void, or make your life happy, is selfish and inconsiderate to the child brought into the world for all the wrong reasons.

Having a baby in your mid-late 20's even, with a solid relationship (i.e. marriage- two parents etc.), and being well-prepared for the expense and changes that happen (that will test you to the limits), let alone having the money in the bank, and a good job, is the only way to go when you have the choice to make.

You are in no position to attain all of the above, or even some of the above, at the age of 15. You have the freedom to choose who you will marry, you have the freedom to go to a college or university, to plan your future the way you want it, and live your dreams, by earning them, if you could try harder to think beyond the current way you are feeling.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that your life will be better, or more complete, or less painful, if you have someone to look after, that depends on you. Your life will NOT be complete, because your struggle to raise a child at age 15, is almost insurmountable without a lot of support. And even then, everything is so much harder- minimum wage jobs, struggles getting through high school, missing out on the teenage stage of your life.

And what is that stage? Being a teenager is hard enough, I'm sure you'll agree. I wouldn't want those years back for all the sequens on Elvis's jackets. It is a stage of life, that prepares you for the next stage of life, and that is learning who you are, where you belong, forging ahead under your own steam and resources, etc.

Sticking with the counseling, and settling with these feelings and learning to accept and move on, is far more important than trying to fix yourself, by thinking about having a baby.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 3, 2013, 09:47 AM
    I hope you stay in therapy and follow the directions given so you can get a balance between your feelings and desires, and reality of your situation being a 15 year old who is sexually active.

Committed relationships between teens are not reliable for long enough to make life changing decision. Getting pregnant is a life changing decision, for males and females. I hope you get what you need from the help you are getting. Stay with it.
    kellb08 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Dec 3, 2013, 07:17 PM
    I'm surprised you are pregnant at 15? What were you thinking, you are too young to be committed to any boy? Do you live with your parents, or are you out in the streets? Please, get help and stop having babies you are not mature enough to support a child on your own. That is difficult for people my age even. Stop watching the Kardashion's! Join the girls volleyball team at school and practice keeping your legs together when you go up to spike! Get your education, get your life together. YOU are the only one that can do this.

Am I the only one raising an eyebrow here folks?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The mother of my sons baby says she got full custody of their unborn baby... we live I [ 7 Answers ]

My sons baby mama says she got full custody of their unborn baby. We live in ca. Is this even possible? No notice no court date no violence no restraining orders WTH.

An slovakia and born my baby in ireland?1wk ago is my baby irish [ 1 Answers ]

I am slovakia and I have lived in ireland for 2years , can my son get irish citizen or slovakia citizen if I deliver my baby in 2months time in ireland

My husband had a baby in high school and the girl gave the baby up for adoption. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband had a baby in high school the girl gave the baby boy up for adoption in Dec 1979 in glendale AZ. We have five boys and would like to see if we can locate him.

My son is 21 andrecieves ssi.he has a baby 1month old,can the baby's mother get child [ 2 Answers ]

My son is disabled and receives ssi benfits monthly.he cannot work at all.his girlfriend is trying to make him pay chid support.can she dio this and how?

Non-married HSMP visa holder expecting baby.will the baby have UK citizenship ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.. any advice will be appreciated. I am currently in the UK on the HSMP visa and in 2012 can apply for indefinite leave to remain and then citizenship. I am pregnant with my first child and am estranged from the father who is a UK citizen. We are not married. Will my child be a UK citizen...

View more questions Search