Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fustrated Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Factory overhead cost
    Hello
    I need someone to help me figure this out. Please I have started am I doing it correctly?

The estimated total factory overhead cost and total machine hours for Department 40 for the current year are $225,000 and 56,250 respectively. During January, the first month of the current year, actual machine hours used totaled 5,100 and factory overhead cost incurred totaled $19,800.

a.) Determine the factory overhead rate based on machine hours. 225,000 / 56,250 = $4 factory overhead rate
    b.) Present the entry to apply factory overhead to production in Department 40 for January
    Work in Process 225,000
    Factory Overhead 225,000
    Factory overhead applied to jobs
    According to the predetermined
    Overhead rate
    c. What is the balance of factory overhead - Department 40 at January 31?
    Account Factory Overhead Account No.
    Balance
    Date Item post Ref. Debit Credit Debit Credit
    Dec. 31 Balance
    Jan. 1 Factory Overhead
    Cost applied... 225,000………………………………..

Factory overhead... 20,400
    Cost incurred...
    d. Does the balance of factory overhead - Department 40 at january 31 represent overappplied or underapplied factory overhead?

Check out some similar questions!

Manufacturing Overhead Cost [ 2 Answers ]

How can managers use accounting information to help control manufacturing overhead costs?

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

Inks Study In Printing Factory [ 1 Answers ]

I Want To Now The Techniques Methods How To Study Inks On Printed Products ( Plastics Flim , Sheets , Pepar ). And How To Make Formula For Printed Products ( Inks , Flims , Sheets )

Determining actual factory overhead [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with the following problem. I am not really sure how I should go about solving it. -The books of Peach Tree Products Company revealed that the following general journal entry had been made at the end of the current accounting period: Factory Overhead... 2,000 ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.