Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hmannn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2013, 09:03 AM
    Rth 2300/rth221 thermostat
    I have a black wire and a red wire. I put the black wire in the B terminal and the red wire in the W terminal.I also removed the jumper from the R&RC terminals.
    This configuration works. But is it correct for a 2-wire install.The unit is running a gas fireplace.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 1, 2013, 12:44 PM
    Red to r and black to w is the correct wiring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honywell 2300/rth221 [ 0 Answers ]

Why every time I set the heat to 69 thr room gets to 83?

Hot an cold reversed with my Honeywell RTH 2300 [ 0 Answers ]

I have installed a Honewwell RTH 2300 to my home system and after hooking up my wires as follows: B = blue wire W = white wire Y = yellow wire G = Green wire R/Rc = Red wire to R terminal with jumper intact My sys. Is a heat pump (electric) with a trane unit outside and an air...

Honeywell thermostat rth 2300? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an old airco gas furnace, I want to change the thermostat to a RTH 2300, problem is I only have two wires to connect to the thermostat a white and a black and am not sure where to put them? Help

Honeywell RTH 2300 Thermostat [ 20 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a Honeywell RTH 2300 thermostat and I'm trying to hook it up, the wires I have coming out of the wall are white, green, red, yellow and blue. I hooked up the matching colors to the W, G, R, Y and the blue wire I attached to the O/B. I have the jumpers set as follows: jumper 1 HG and...

RTH221 Programmable Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

We installed the RTH221 one today and the only way I can get my gas furnace to shut off is to remove the top plate. There is 2 wires, the white went into the Y and the red went into the G--the factor jumper is still on. It's hot in here.. lol Can you please tell us what we need to do with this...

View more questions Search