Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa__ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2013, 05:43 AM
    Dark spot in the vagina..
    Okay so today I was checking myself down there and I noticed that I had a dark thing in there in one of the "flaps" and I got scared. I'm not sexually active at all. What is it? How do I get rid of it? Help!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 1, 2013, 07:34 AM
    We can't see this thing (and no, please don't post a photo). The smartest way to handle this is to make an appointment either with your family doctor or with a gynecologist who will take a look at it and tell you what it is. Until you do that, it's a total guessing game and you'll continue to be stressed out with worry.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 1, 2013, 07:42 AM
    The "flaps," as you so eloquently call them, are the labia. The labia majora are the "flaps" on the outside, and the labia minora are the "flaps" underneath the labia majora.

This is an area of the body where there tend to be birth marks and/or freckles, but are unnoticed strictly because of their private location. If you have never been sexually active, there is little to worry about at this point in time but you might want to question your doctor on your next yearly visit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small painful spot inside of vagina [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I have notice a small painful spot inside my vagina.there is no discharge no foul smell.it hurts when I sit and I feel a little pressure when I use the bathroom.any ideas

Big red bump/spot on my vagina flap [ 3 Answers ]

I've had this problem a few times but it never really caught my attention.. now I'm starting to get worried about it.. its like an under the skin spot but its really red and can get very itchy but when I go to scratch it its get very irritated its not sore sore but its sore enough to make your stop...

Sore spot on vagina ONLY during my period? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a 20 year old girl. I eat healthy, exercise regularly, have a great diet that rarely consists of soda or anything else. I am married and have only had sex with my husband, unprotected, and we were both virgins before having sex with each other. Now, before I go on, let me just say I have had a...

Painful, sort spot on vagina.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am a 20 year old, married female. I had my period last month from the 25th(sept) to the 1st(oct). Yesterday(the 14th), I started bleeding again and getting brown discharge. The bleeding has stopped today, but there is still a little brown discharge. Yesterday I noticed, that when I...

View more questions Search