Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    treds Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2013, 11:49 AM
    Huge lump on fan tail goldfish
    My fish has a huge lump on it's left side, right behind the Gil and fin. I've separates him/her from my other fish to a new tank. He's still swimming about but the lump is almost half as be as he is.
    It only turned up yesterday. Also his fin on that side has shriveled up and not moving.
    What should I do?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 29, 2013, 12:14 PM
    Unfortunately, there isn't very much you can do. Most of the time when a fish gets an illness, you just have to prepare yourself for the fact that the fish is likely to die.

It sounds like Flukes from your description and it is treatable now and then but there is no guarantee.

Goldfish Disease and Goldfish Disease Diagnosis

Sorry to be the one to tell you this but I have been through it all before.

Good luck to you.
    treds Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2013, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Unfortunately, there isn't very much you can do. Most of the time when a fish gets an illness, you just have to prepare yourself for the fact that the fish is likely to die.

It sounds like Flukes from your description and it is treatable now and then but there is no guarantee.

Goldfish Disease and Goldfish Disease Diagnosis

Sorry to be the one to tell you this but I have been through it all before.

Good luck to you.
    Thanks for the help, I looked at some pictures of flukes but the lump on my fish is more like a swelling than that of those in the pics, there's no discolouration or anything. Is there anything else it could be?
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Min pin white lump on tail? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old min pin. His tail was docked a few days after birth, and recently, I have noticed a strange white lump on the tip. It almost looks like a big white head, but it is completely solid. Any thoughts? Thanks.

My dog has a huge lump on her left side of chest. [ 6 Answers ]

This lump has rapidly grown within a 3 day period. It's just getting bigger. The first two days she acted normal with it ate and everything but today it's bleeding and looks stretched to the max. I am a single mother and can't afford to take her to the vet even if they would let me make payment...

White spots on my goldfish tail? [ 4 Answers ]

my lionhead goldfish appears to have some little white spots on his beautiful long tail.. i would appreciate if you could tell me what should i do, in case this is a problem. thanks a lot!

My husband has a huge lump or knot on the left side of his throat. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has had this lump inside his neck above his collar bone for about a year now the swelling comes and goes but he has gone to doc and they took blood and said its not thyroid.. it doesn't make any sense to me we can't afford to keep going to doc but it scares me.. I don't want his throat...

Huge painfull lump behind my ear [ 3 Answers ]

So every few weeks I get a huge painful lump behind my ear always in a slightly different spot. It goes away in about a week or so but then a couple weeks later it reappears. This is the 4th time and its bigger and more painful. What is it? When the growth isn't there there are always little hard...

View more questions Search