Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidrhinton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2013, 02:08 AM
    Unsafe workplace
    Work for a construction equipment rental company and for 3 years I have had to kick and scream to get repairs done to my truck ! But while no repairs get done I'm still always expected to get in and drive ! What should I legally do? Thanks! This is an 18 wheeler !
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2013, 03:17 AM
    The only legal method I can think of is to contact a state police truck division (sometimes called Commercial Vehicle Division) if in the U.S. State Police agencies normally have a Truck Inspection Division. But that will probably be the end of your job. Also, in at least some states, weigh stations administered by those same SP Truck divisions randomly, or if defects are apparent at the scales, inspect trucks at those weigh stations.
    In one instance in MD that I am aware of, a dump truck driver who crashed into several personnel on a state construction site due to faulty brakes, was criminally charged. As you are the operator, you have certain liabilities but I claim no expertise in that.
    Your best remedy and safest approach is to find another job with a better quality company. I certainly hope that you don't operate anywhere I have to drive.
    Good Luck.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2014, 03:53 PM
    Do a safety inspection and keep a copy for yourself, turn it in to the company. If any thing happens you have proof of the defects, to cover you for any claims against the company, accidents
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 07:23 PM
    What type of repairs are you talking about, and to what level of safety.

If serious enough, have you looked for another job ?

Also, of course you will be fired, but you can refuse to drive it, if the problems are serious enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If 11th day unsafe? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I got married 1 month back... aftr my frst periods aftr marriage, we did sex without withdrawing on the 11h day of my periods.. I am scared wethr I will get pregnant.. Kindly answer me ASAP

Does it hurt n is it unsafe [ 1 Answers ]

This is my first time getting my cartilage pierced. How bad does it hurt and is it safer to get my cartilage pierced by a gun or by a needle. How bad does it hurt and does it get infected easily. Like I have gotten my ears pierced I have my first and second hole pieced and I really want my...

Unsafe 4 Way Circuit? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 4Way lighting circuit that serves a single 3 bulb fixture via 2 and 3 wire BX cable. It is wired with two 3Way switches and one 4Way switch. I have never given it a thought - that is until yesterday when the fixture shorted out in dramatic fashion with arcing, smoke and melted wires. ...

I feel unsafe [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :( I have post this before! My boyfriend and I live and work in different city! He works in a cosmetic company,most of his colleagues are women,you can say they are beautiful women! He works with them everyday,and has lunch,supper with them everyday as he never does cooking! People...

After unsafe SEX. [ 2 Answers ]

Dear madam/sir, I had an unsafe sex with my boy friend, but he didn`t ejacuated the sperm inside the vagina. Now from that day there is an increament in vaginal discharges. What does it mean... Am I pregnant..? OR it natural..! What are the different means for pregnancy tests @ home..?

View more questions Search