Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toffer_19km Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2013, 11:14 PM
    Is it possible?
    Hi,

Hope you're doing great! My name is Kent! I'm wondering about what I've read regarding the pregnancy of my partner. Here's the scenario. We did not meet for the whole month of September 2013. Her last menstruation period was Sept 7-14, 2013. On Oct 2, we have a date and sexual intercourse. The method we used was withdrawal. And from Oct 8-12 we did several sexual intercourse and I came inside her. The whole month of Oct - Nov she doesn't experience her period and first week of November, she used pregnancy test and the result is positive. What I've read was the fertility date should be on Oct 16 onwards. Is it possible she could be pregnant on the date that she was not fertile?

Thank and hope to hear from you soon
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2013, 11:14 AM
    How do you know she "wasn't fertile"? I would hope you realize that pregnancy can occur ANYTIME you have unprotected sex, pullout or not. People who don't are called parents.
    neodarwinian Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2013, 05:57 PM
    Obviously she is pregnant, so fertility dates were miscalculated most likely.

The " rhythm " method is very inaccurate. Pulling out is not much better. Try a better means of birth control
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 29, 2013, 06:28 PM
    Unless she tracked her ovulation using basal temperature readings daily for at least 6 months (1 year is more accurate) there's no way for her to know when she was fertile. Obviously she was fertile when you two had sex, which is why she conceived. This is why the pull out method is not even considered a form of birth control, it's considered "trying to conceive".

A woman can get pregnant any day of the month, even during her period. Unless you know by actually tracking ovulation, not using apps or guessing based on majority, you don't know when she ovulated. So congrats daddy. Next time use protection if you want to lower the risks of pregnancy, but even then pregnancy is possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search