Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onealcarrie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2013, 09:56 PM
    Child support writ $8000.. plz help.
    I just found out my boyfriend has two child support writs one for $660 and the second for $7000. He was never served papers to appear in court. Is this even legal? How can he be arrested when he didn't even know?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 28, 2013, 05:44 AM
    Are you claiming that he didnt know he had children or that he didnt know he was suppose to be paying child support ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 28, 2013, 07:18 AM
    How do you know he didn't know? Because he said so? If he claims he was never served he needs to go to the court and challenge the judgment on grounds of improper service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I about axed? Please support how to deal with work exclusion [ 17 Answers ]

I recently joined company it was going on fine then we got new boss I don't know its look like he is not happy with me from day 1. He is not giving me work One of my friend going on leave he wants me to be his delegate boss refused his proposal Boss keeps adding and excluding me in official...

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Do writ warrents go away once child support is closed? [ 2 Answers ]

My child support case is closed in Florida, but before they had closed the case they had issued a writ warrant. What happens to the warrant? Or how do I take care of it now?

Can I use other means to get the $8000+ in back child support then CSE? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex is court ordered to pay $164 weekly for our two girls. If he pays at all within the 30 day limit it is less then what is due so he is now close to or just at $8000 behind. When I have gone many times to Child Support Enforcement nice people but not much resolution they say at least he is...

View more questions Search