Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovendloyalty24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2013, 03:51 PM
    I had an abortion a month from today and I had sex a week after the abortion could I
    I had an abortiona month ago and had sex a week after the abortion and still have not had a period yet. But I have been having abdominal cramps and milky discharge and I am just wondering if I may be pregnant again.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 27, 2013, 03:57 PM
    Depends on how the abortion was done. You could very well be. When you had the abortion did the doctor give you guide lines as to when you should start having intercourse and trying to a child again?

As well have you considered pre-emptive birth control like a condom or the pill?
    lovendloyalty24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2013, 04:01 PM
    Yes she did she told me to wait 2-3 weeks before intercourse but I did not. And it was the vacuum kind. Im also nervous about because because I'm scared to get big or to bleed for months at a time
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 27, 2013, 04:43 PM
    The reason she asked you to wait was because you have to go through the cervix, which is only open when you're giving birth, to do the abortion. It doesn't snap shut like an elastic, it slowly closes over 2-3 weeks. It is recommended not to have sex because your cervix is still open and you can get infections because there is no barrier.

You're going to need to wait for a while until you get a period, or not. I would also book an appointment with your doctor and see what they say. It was dangerous but you're likely to pull through. Chances are your hormones weren't in a good position for ovulation and your lining hadn't regenerated. It is a small chance, but as many here can tell you, the small chances happen.

I would seriously invest in birthcontrol if you're not ready to have kids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abortion last week Friday [ 2 Answers ]

I conducted an abortion last week Friday... I lost a couple of blood and a few bllod cloats came out... I don't know if the abortion was successful or not... For the past two days am experiencing stomach pains, terrible ones for that matter... I don't know what could be wrong with me... Please help...

Sex 1 week after an abortion and the condom broke. [ 13 Answers ]

I recently had an abortion and the bleeding only lasted that day and it was very light. I took the antibiotics they gave me and started the pill on the Sunday after the abortion --2 days later. A week to the day later I had sex and used a condom--2 actually, because we thought the first one was...

I had an abortion and then a week after I had unprotected sex, then two days after t [ 5 Answers ]

I had an abortion and then a week after I had unprotected sex, then two days after the sex I started using the depo shot. Could I be pregnant right now?

Can you get pregnant over a week abortion? [ 0 Answers ]

I had an abortion on May 31 my boyfriend and I has sex on June 2 and I was wonder if for the whole week that we have sex. I can get pregnant. We did not have protected sex, we are getting marry in 6 month I really would not care if I am but I would like to know.

Sex 1 week after abortion, heavy bleeding? [ 1 Answers ]

I had an abortion last Saturday and took all the prescribed anti-biotics. I had some light spotting and a little bit of cramping for 2 days after, but then felt like I was normal again. The following Saturday, I had sex. I know it was not the most responsible thing to do and would take it back...

View more questions Search