Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ElizabethCarlis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2013, 10:24 AM
    Aching after chiropractic adjustment
    Hi there

I went to a chiropractor just over a fortnight ago as I have a tendency to ache a lot after long walks and bike rides. (although this aching wears off after a day or so). At the time of the appointment I wasn't achy. After an examination and three minor adjustments I went home feeling fine. The next day I woke up with neck ache, back ache and a low grade headache together with a tight chest and a feeling of crackling in my neck.

I called the chiropractor who said this would wear off. It hasn't. I then spoke to him again and he said he has never had a reaction like this in fifteen years.

I feel achy and a little feverish and I'm not getting better - after over two weeks. I have an appointment to see my GP soon. What advice or reassurance can you give me? Thanks a lot
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 27, 2013, 01:26 PM
    I am a firm believer in chiropractors. That being said I know it is hard to find a good one and there are a lot who seem to venture forth with what education they have and great enthusiasm. The first adjustment I had fixed what ailed me, but the second one seemed to put everything back the way it was but worse. It took gentle coaxing to get everything right.

It could be that the adjustment was good, but went a little too far, or not far enough. If you can get in for another appoint then the chiropractor might figure out what happened. You should be fine, but you might want to talk to your doctor about getting physio therapy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chiropractic charges extra fees for procedures not performed [ 6 Answers ]

What to do when chiropractic charges for extra fees for procedures not performed, I receive a bill from my Insurance company saying the chiropractor did two procedures each time I saw him for a 5 minute realignment and it was $110 for every visit. Do I confront them directly or have my Insurance...

Oh my aching legs [ 1 Answers ]

When I was little, my legs would really ache. My dad would just say that it is growing pains. Well I am 27 now and still get horrible leg pains. It feels like I have just run a marathon. And I can't sleep when it is happening. Also sometimes they feel like I have the flu. I know that sounds...

Oh my aching back! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 60 yr old female and3 days ago my lower back just started hurting. I'm very active and had lifted some tables and boxes the day before but had not felt any pain.the pain is not going down my legs and mostly hurts when I move suddenly or in certain ways. What can it be?

Does blue cross cover Chiropractic treatments [ 5 Answers ]

Does blue cross cover chiropractig treatments

Salary of a chiropractic therapy assistant [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently offered a position at a chiropractor's office. They told me I could take a 50 hour course and become a CTA. On average, how much money does a CTA make per hour?

View more questions Search