Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sure3652 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2013, 09:23 AM
    Hypertension
    Hi I am 36 male, my problem is I have been diagnosed with hypertension just 8 months back dr checked by lipid report and said I have high triglycerides and put me on prolomet xl 50 and fibator for 3 months, at that time me bp was 160/95 and triglycerides 440 after 3 months on medication dr again want to check my lipid report but this time my tg was 220 and my bp was 120/80, dr advised to stop fibator and continue on prolomet xl 50, till now it was all clear after nearly 5 months I again checked my bp this time it was again 180/100 and my lipid report showed tg of 460 this time dr again put me on lipicard 160 mg and met xl 50 right now I am taking same medication for 15 days, my bp became normal to 125/80.

I want to know why my tg is increasing every time I stop cholestrol tablets and why bp is increasing in the same way and why it is decreasing with decrease in tg, what is the relation between this two tg and bp
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 27, 2013, 10:16 AM
    Triglycerides are a fatty acid that is produced from the metabolization of sugars and fats. I slept through an entire course on metabolism in university and I remember this stuff. Chances are the cholesterol pills have a direct effect on your TG values.

I am unsure of the exact factors but I saw the blood pressure and TG are symptoms of various disorders. The connection could be that you've got unmedicated diabetes or a metabolic syndrome. It is hard to say and really something you should talk to your doctor about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hypertension [ 23 Answers ]

Please help me understand if I have hypertension last Thursday my readings was 205/143 when I was going for oral surgery they wouldn't perform surgery cause it was to high they said I need to see a doctor..

Hypertension [ 0 Answers ]

I have hypertension and last night my blood pressure bottomed out.I have also been sick for over a week with a bad cold.My daughter had 911 respond when I blacked out.Against their advice I didn't go to the er.What should I do now?

Hypertension [ 5 Answers ]

Does getting an intravenious injection of fluids raise your blood pressure and is it safe when you are already being treated for hypertension?

Hypertension medicines [ 1 Answers ]

How to control hypertension. What are the medicines and what are the side effects.

Hypertension [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 26 and have had high blood pressure for 11 years. Does anyone know natural cures so I could cut down or eliminate medication. I exercise, eat healthy, don't smoke and am not overweight.

View more questions Search