Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khavson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2013, 06:59 PM
    Explain why revenues revenues and expenses recorded in profit and loss account
    You are required to explain to a friend without no accounting knowledge why revenues and expenses recorded in profit and loss account do not necessarily represent receipt and payments made during the period which the profit and loss account covers. Use 3 examples.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2013, 09:30 AM
    Think about how and when a company records revenues and expenses. Also think about how Prepaids are handled.

For some examples think about when a company provides a service like landscaping, then bills their customer.

Think about when you purchase a magazine subscription and how a company would recognize revenues during the time of the subscription.

Think about when a company purchases inventory for resale on credit.

You need to think about the various ways and when a company records revenues and expenses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating revenues, expenses, and dividends [ 1 Answers ]

I was given a table and instructed to fill in the blanks. I cannot figure out how to find the missing values. I have thought, searched, cried, and searched some more. 2006 2007 2008 Ret earnings (beg) $(1746.5) ...

Matching revenues and expenses [ 4 Answers ]

The concept of matching revenues and expenses refers to what?

Calculating revenues, expenses, and income [ 2 Answers ]

Please help Fill in the blanks in the following separate income statements a through e. Identify any negative Amount by putting it in parentheses. A b c d e Sales.. . $60,000...

Expenses or revenues [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to calculate the net income of a company from information that is available from its recent fiscal year. I know how to calculate net income, but I am asking if the following are expenses or revenues. - cash sales - sales on account - interest earned on investment (I think...

View more questions Search