Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RAJ088 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2013, 09:35 AM
    ACA tax Penalty
    I'm on Medicare. My wife is uninsured and we can't find affordable plans through the Marketplace. We won't be purchasing health insurance. If we file seperatly my wife makes 10,000 all in social secuity. In Oklahoma this is too hig to qualify for Medicaid but too low to to purchase a policy through the federal exchange. This is a black hole. If we file seperatly we should be exempt from the 1% ACA 2014 tax penalty which would be about $510.00. Does this make sense for us to do?

Check out some similar questions!

401-K Early withdrawal penalty and 10% penalty added to Income as well line 58 Tax? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! My question is: I added the 10% penalty on line 30 of form 1040 to my adjusted gross income on top of my taxable amount of my withdrawal... Next I added the 10% penalty on line 58 (additional taxes on withdrawal), which was then added to my total tax amount. Is this the correct way to do...

Tax and penalty exemption while withdrawing 401k through India-US tax treaty [ 11 Answers ]

As context, we resided in the United States from 2000 to 2009. Currently, we are Indian residents and Indian citizens (U.S. non-resident aliens). Through 4-5 years of employment in the US, we have a 401(k) account held in the U.S. (earned during years of employment and residency within the U.S.)....

Tax penalty [ 1 Answers ]

Please advise me, I have a problem with the Canada Revenue Agency, it ended up with them giving me a very high penalty, now I cannot ever pay that fine because it is HUGE, my question is , what is the worst that they can do to me, can they cancel my immigrant status, can they put me in jail?? Or...

Tax penalty [ 1 Answers ]

I have a long problem with the CRA, it ended up with them giving me a very high penalty, now I cannot ever pay that fine because it is HUGE, my question is , what is the worst that they can do to me, can they cancel my immigrant status? Or what is the worst can they do to me? The absolute worse.....

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.