Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiger123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2013, 06:52 PM
    Bridging Radeon HD3650 1GB ddr2 and gtx 550 ti 1gb ddr3.
    Hello,
    I've Radeon HD3650 1GB ddr2 and gtx 550 ti 1gb ddr3. Could I connect them together on my PC with a motehr board gigabye x79-ud3 and a cpu I7 3820 and 16gb ram?
    Thanks in advance
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Feb 22, 2014, 07:43 AM
    No. So far only cards with the same chipset and similar specifications can be used in sli or crossfire. Since the Radeon uses crossfire and the gtx sli they are completely incompatible for bridging. If you try to use them at the same time your asking for trouble since the drivers for each are different and will probably conflict during boot and your PC will not start. I have heard that nVidia is working on (maybe already has) a way to join two different cards as long as they can use the same drivers but its something new and would not include Radeon in any event.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One 2GB stick vs. Two 1GB sticks [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine has a Toshiba A135-S4527 laptop and wants to increase her memory; she only has 512MB. Did some checking online and determined she can install up to 2GB memory. Can anyone tell me what the issue would be if she were to install one 2GB memory stick instead of two 1GB memory...

Loading music from my Itunes to my IPOD nano 1Gb [ 1 Answers ]

If anyone can help with this, I'd surely appreciate it. My IPOD, after hooking up to my computer and itunes, will not allow me to move music to the IPOD. Well, it actually Detects the IPOD in recovery mode, but after the restore, the IPOD will go back to a blinking Do not disconnect, even after...

Sony Vaio PCG-K315Z 512Mb to 1Gb upgrade problem [ 6 Answers ]

I have a similar question of ClubMan, posted one year ago. I've tried to update my PCG-K315 to 1Gb using 2 modules of 512 Mb each but the system continues viewing only 512 Mb total. On Sony official website the RAM specs to upgrade are: 512 MB RAM PC2700 DDR SDRAM. I was unable to buy the RAM...

1GB RAM and 40 GB Hard Drive is it enough? [ 12 Answers ]

I have recently made a layaway purchase of a Dell laptop 1420 14.1in. I can make upgades to it if needed but I am not sure whether I need to. It is for personal home use and for college. I plan to have music, pictures, and obviously documents stored on it. I am not a gamer. However I do like it to...

1GB installer to 2 700MB disc... [ 18 Answers ]

I hope this forum could help me, I have a 1GB installer and I want to burn it into 2 700MB disc that will like if I insert disc1 when its done it will ask for disc2... but I don't know what file should be into disc1 and what in disc2... Can you help me for this... :confused: please...

View more questions Search