Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andrewcve Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2013, 01:38 PM
    Why does my pregnant ex wife call and vent to me?
    My pregnant ex wife calls and vents to me about what's going on in her life and her new boyfriend. She ask to hang out... ask to stay over at my place? Is it because she is trying to keep me around emotionally or make me mad?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 25, 2013, 02:14 PM
    She's doing this because you let her.

She is an ex wife!

That is a different ballpark entirely to even being friends with her- and I presume the baby is not yours, right?

Change your phone number, block her access to your email/facebook, etc. and let her go.

If there is a rope, she will hang onto it, obviously. Let it go, move on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 26, 2013, 06:41 AM
    I find this inappropriate on both your parts, but you don't have to be her safety net, or emotional tampon, unless you allow it. I think its a very bad idea, for whatever reason, to even be involved in your pregnant ex wife new relationship in any shape, form, or fashion.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 26, 2013, 07:11 AM
    'Is it because she is trying to keep me around emotionally or make me mad?'

Usually because the new relationship isn't going well, and she wants to keep one foot in your door. That and pregnancy hormones, maybe. I'm not sure how we total strangers are supposed to know what her motives are. Presumably you know her pretty well? Or not...
    Mievans82 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2013, 10:54 AM
    Are you in a new relationship? She may just want another mans opinion... Have you asked her why she comes to you with her relationship problems?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should my daughter call my wife mom? [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old daughter from a previous relationship and my wife has been in her life since my daughter was 10 months old. My wife and I have a son of our own that is almost 1 year old. Even though my daughter and son are half brother and sister I want them to be raised as just brother and...

Why did my sister-in-law call my wife's ex? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, I once messed up by almost cheating on my wife. She caught me and we had a bad fight about it. She calls her sister and they call her ex-boyfriend and arrange plane tickets for my wife to fly out to him. He was supposedly going to have her start a new life in this new country he is in....

Is there anyway of getting my wife's cell phone bills/call history. [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyway of getting my wife's cell phone bills/call history. I think that she is talking with or seeing someoneh else, we have 2 different accounts, so I don't know how to get a copy. I've asked her to see the bills, but she refuses to let me see them.

Call wife from pakistan [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to sponsor my wife from my pakistan, I was married before and did apply for my previuos wife but the relationship broke down. We withdraw the application before any decision was made, will this affect my current application?

View more questions Search