Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ATL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2013, 01:07 PM
    16hp vanguard motor
    I have oil and gas coming out of the exaust an and running down the pipes. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Nov 25, 2013, 04:52 AM
    Sounds like your carburetor needs to be cleaned or replaced. A stuck needle valve in the carburetor will let the gas flow into the engine when it is not running and fill the crankcase will gas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16hp B&S Vanguard engine [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 16hp B&S vanguard engine, no compression in left cylender. Would this be rings or Valves and can I find out withouy breaking the engine down ? <moved>

Briggs & Stratton 16HP Vanguard Motor [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a B & S 16Hp Vanguard motor that runs hydraulic tools. The motor was smoking and running rough so I replaced the oil, gas, and air filter. I started it up with out the oil filter on and the motor runs perfect. I reinstall the air filter and the motor begins to choke out and run...

Vanguard 16hp fuel starvation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I've got a problem with fuel starvation with my ride on mower only owned this machine 2 days collected it from last owner seen it running on day of purchase driving it into back of vehicle up some ramps mower cuts out will not start lift bonnet fuel level very low reach conclusion run out of...

B & S 16hp Vanguard [ 1 Answers ]

Need specs, mainly oil capacity.

View more questions Search