Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bloesch14 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 06:56 PM
    How to run my romex
    I have 15 outlets and 12 lights. I am running 14/2 for the lights and do I run this to the smoke dec. to Right? Then I am running 12/2 for the outlets. Can I tie all the outlets into one circuit, and how many amps --same with the lights. -or--- should I run 2 circuits and split the outlets in half on each breaker
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 30, 2007, 07:05 PM
    !5 outlets is a lot for one circuit but could you tell us what you will be pulling in to the outlets? What will the load be? I usually run hardwired smoke detectors on their own dedicated circuit.
    bloesch14 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Well there is going to be 2 bedrooms one more a play room. The only big thing beside TV would be a computer. No ac-no washer/dryer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stapling romex wire [ 11 Answers ]

How many romex wires (12/2, 14/2, 12/3, 14/3) can you staple by code? Can you staple 3 12/2 wires using one staple? Can you staple 3 14/2 wires using one staple. Thanks

Romex / pipe [ 11 Answers ]

Anybody plus and minus of romex versus pipe for a basement application

Romex through chimney chase [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a small specific question concerning a new run of Romex cable that I'm planning. To feed circuits in a furnished room in the attic of a home, I'm planning To use the chimney chase to get from the basement to the attic. This chase has no fire stops and is clear all the way up. ...

Exposed Romex [ 2 Answers ]

I started to put down batts insulation in the attic space above garage and noticed that the wiring coming from one of the outlets was stripped a little too much and one of the leads of the romex is actually exposed outside of the electrical box. I'd like to correct this before putting insulation...

Is Romex allowed over concrete block? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a detached building with a block foundation. On the inside, the top of the blocks is about 4" above the concrete floor. The walls are aligned with the outside of the 8" wide block therefore there is a 4" wide shelf (top of the blocks) that runs along the perimeter of the building. I used...

View more questions Search