Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RainBowStar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2013, 03:38 PM
    What infection or problema could I have in my vagina?
    The first time I had sex was 6 years ago a few weeks later my vagina started itching, burning, redness, and a white discharge and it smelled like fish I mean really bad. Since I was young I was really freaked out and embarrassed. Scared I might had an std. I went to the school nurse, she put something inside my vagina. And told me not to worry that it was a bacterial vaginosis. She gave me antibiotics and it went away. I had sex again with a guy. The last time too. That was four years ago. Than a year ago the same thing return again. But the nurse was mixing antibiotics for bacterial vaginosis and for depression. It didn't went away and I went go my doctor she said it was a yeast infection now. She gave me cream and it was disappearing but I masturbated and it came back again. I didn't want to go no more to my doctor I was embarrassed to go so many times. So I started going to walk in clinics. But non of it worked. Than I went for a pap test and they said I was negative for yeast bacterial gonorrhea trish chlamydia. They also gave me cream for candida and yeast the nurse told me not to take it, to go get std blood test. I did made the appointment but I applied the cream and it seems to be relieving my symptoms I also put aloe vera outside my vagina and my redness is disappearing. I don't understand anymore?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 23, 2013, 03:51 PM
    1. You can have both yeast and bacterial infections, and they need totally different treatments.
    2. They can recur on their own, as well as pass back and forth from a sex partner, who may not show symptoms. Men often don't.
    3. If you are getting STDs, that's also totally different!
    4. The nurse was mixing antibiotics for vaginosis and depresssion? No, antibiotics are not for depression. Perhaps you were taking another medication?
    5. In some women, antibiotics (for bacteria) bring on yeast infections.
    6. There are over the counter yeast treatments, such as Monistat. But in your case, you really need to know what you have before treating yourself. The white smelly cottage cheese and itching is usually yeast.
    RainBowStar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2013, 04:03 PM
    I meant she was mixing antibiotics for bacterial vaginosis and giving me medication for depression. And what I wanted to know is why is the redness going away with aloe vera the itching has also stopped. But the nurses from the walk in clinic now said it wasn't bacterial vaginosis or yeast infection. I don't know about candida. And I'm trying to think what std I might have with this symptoms but come blank I thought it was trishomonsis something like that but it came negative chlamydia and gonorrhea too negative. The cream for bacterial vaginosis and yeast she gave me took the pain I had in my lower abdominal and it seems a little better. But I'm still getting an std test done just to be sure.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 23, 2013, 04:46 PM
    Trich (pronounced trick) is short for trichomoniasis, the most common treatable STD. It can produce the symptoms you describe. It requires a prescription treatment, because it's a protozoan.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 05:21 PM
    You need to stop having unprotected sex with multiple partners. Once you do, no more anxious diagnoses. Get clean, and no more worries.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 07:14 PM
    I don't know about candida.
    Candida is in the same family as a yeast infection. It's a fungal infection.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 07:21 PM
    And you need to stop going to different clinics and go to one doctor, who will know what they did test for before and find proper treatment
    TLR56 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Nov 29, 2013, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RainBowStar View Post
    I meant she was mixing antibiotics for bacterial vaginosis and giving me medication for depression. And what I wanted to know is why is the redness going away with aloe vera the itching has also stopped. But the nurses from the walk in clinic now said it wasn't bacterial vaginosis or yeast infection. I don't know about candida. And I'm trying to think what std I might have with this symptoms but come blank I thought it was trishomonsis something like that but it came negative chlamydia and gonorrhea too negative. The cream for bacterial vaginosis and yeast she gave me took the pain I had in my lower abdominal and it seems a little better. But I'm still getting an std test done just to be sure.
    Cytolytic vaginosis is a vaginal condition that involves an overgrowth of lactobacillus bacteria. Lactobacilli are a normal part of the vaginal environment.

Cytolytic vaginosis is not an infection. It is also not a sexually transmitted illness. It appears to be a pH problem that causes a disruption in the natural
    Balance of bacteria found in the vagina. This leads to an overgrowth of lactobacillus, which produces acids that cause vaginal irritation. A change in your vaginal pH may be provoked by, but not limited to, the following:

• Treatment of vaginal discharge with antibiotics or antifungal medications
    • Residue from soap or vaginal cleansers
    • Sensitivity to chemicals or perfumes in personal care products
    • Sensitivity to latex or lubricants
    • The pH of your partner’s semen

The symptoms of cytolytic vaginosis are often confused with those of a yeast infection or
    Bacterial vaginosis. Symptoms may be worse during the second half of your menstrual cycle.
    Any of the following may be present:

• Itching and redness of the vagina or skin outside the vagina (the vulva).
    • Burning of the vulva which may be worse with urination. Symptoms may mimic the burning associated with a urinary tract infection.
    • White or yellowish vaginal discharge.
    • Discomfort with intercourse or soreness following intercourse.

TREATMENT:
    Restoring the vaginal equilibrium will decrease lactobacilli to normal levels and provide symptom relief.

• Baking soda treatments are used to increase vaginal pH:
    Baking soda soak: Dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda in a bath of 1-2 inches of warm water. Soak twice a day for 15-20 minutes.
    Baking soda douche: Dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda in 4 cups of warm water, or purchase an over-the-counter baking soda douche. Douche once daily for 7-14 days or twice weekly for 2 weeks.
    Baking soda paste: Make a watery paste with baking soda, and apply daily to the skin outside the vagina to relieve any irritation.

Don't use tampons. Avoid soap in the vaginal area. Avoid scented sprays and douches. Get out of wet clothing quickly. Wear cotton underwear (always keep a few pair of 'granny panties' anyway for this, other problems as well as the first few days of your period when you may have clotting; pads stay in better with those kind of underwear. You may have large clots at first and tampons will make you cramp terribly.) Try sleeping without any underwear.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 29, 2013, 12:21 PM
    Um... just go on and ignore the post about about a baking soda douche. It is the last thing you want to do. Your body controls this quite well on it's own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I have an infection from a scratch inside my vagina from for play? [ 1 Answers ]

The night before last my boyfriend and I I were having sex and stopped to switch positions from missionary to "Doggie" I don't know if was the excitement or what but he was but he put a finger inside of me while I was in the middle of changing positions and lets just say I came bk as his finger was...

Actully I have leukorrhea problema since 3 years. [ 0 Answers ]

Bt doesn't helpful in any way , and since last 3- 4 years I have found some changes in me , like hairfall very badly, n overweight , and speacilly my belly , and it has some hair grow on it dark black hair on my belly. N my colur is going dark day by day , these I found in me dark circles n all ,...

Hi I have a yeast infection and my vagina itches and burns and is so red and inflamed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a yeast infection and my vagina itches and burns and is so red and inflamed and it's completely miserable. There's also a few small red cuts that bleed a little when I wipe. I think that I got the infection from taking antibiotics and stress and it also first appeared right before I...

2 uterus, cervix & vagina. How can I have sex via right vagina & implant left uterus? [ 1 Answers ]

2 separate uterus, cervix & vagina. How can I have sex via right vagina & implant left uterus?

View more questions Search