Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miswarm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2013, 08:37 AM
    Can I mount aerial silks to a tree branch
    My daughter loves aerial silks and wants to do it more often. We would like to hang the silks from a tree branch. Is that possible? We want it to be safe.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2013, 08:54 AM
    Depends on what kinds of trees, health of tree, how you attach to the branch, etc. A safer approach might be to attach a cable between two large, healthy tree trunks, using large eyebolts and multiple cable clamps.
    Or, use lumber bolted to one trunk with well-designed support braces either supporting the horizontal member from below or above.
    I vote no for just hanging it from a branch.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 08:59 AM
    How old is your daughter? My vote is to get her involved in actual lessons versus do it at home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tips for preparing to learn Aerial Silks [ 4 Answers ]

I know the question is fairly vague and I apologize but I've honestly never even touched the silks. But I really want to learn to use them. I think they're beautiful and elegant and powerful. And I also believe that they would help me get over my fear. However, I have a few things holding me back-...

Can I set up aerial silks outside? [ 9 Answers ]

Sooooo at my dance studio I am taking aerial silk classes, and there is only one class a week. But I love it so much, once a week is NOT enough lol I have thought about ordering silk online, but my ceilings aren't high enough to hang the silk from So I was thinking maybe I could hang them from a...

Aerial silks 100$? [ 0 Answers ]

Can I have aerial silks for 100 dollars on the internet?

Craftsman 6.5 HP 21" lawnmower runs slow after coming in contact with tree branch? [ 4 Answers ]

My Craftsman 6.5 HP 21" 917.376523 lawnmower runs slow after coming in contact with a evergreen tree branch which struck the lawnmower on the exhaust side. I've had this happen on several occasions resulting in the lawnmower running slow and rough. On this occasion it continues to run slow and...

What type of tree branch can I use for my water dragons [ 0 Answers ]

I want to get more branches for my water dragon to climb on and find pet shops to be very expensive for large pieces. Wondered if could get some from my local park and treat them if so what trees and how to treat to make safe

View more questions Search