Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2013, 10:47 AM
    Crow death investigation findings.
    The Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MTA) responded to reports of 1000's of dead crows were discovered near the city of Boston recently and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Bird Pathologist was called in to investigate and to everyone's relief, confirmed the crows definitely did NOT die of Avian Flu. MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist (OB) to determine the cause of death and determined the birds were being killed by what appeared to be vehicular impacts.

During the investigation the OB noted that varying colors of paint residue was showing up on the bodies of the dead birds. Upon analyzing these paint residues, he determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.

The OB then initiated a 10 week study and hired several observers to determine the cause of this odd phenomenon. After several weeks of observation his findings were as follows: When a group of crows gather to eat road kill, they always have a "look-out" crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger. He discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Truck."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 22, 2013, 10:51 AM
    I needed a good laugh this morning! Thanks for that.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2013, 10:57 AM
    Great story, smoothy.
    Sounds like a federal grant is warranted for study of this tragic situation.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 22, 2013, 12:13 PM
    Didn't notice this was under humor. So enjoyed it even more.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 22, 2013, 12:29 PM
    Nice!
    Grayscaled Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    I know a little about a lot.

Jul 26, 2014, 07:43 AM
    Hahaha wow good one...
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 26, 2014, 08:46 AM
    The truly sad part is that it's such a plausible tale; at least 'til you get to "Cah."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court findings [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I look to see if my bankruptcy was satisfied

MRI Findings: [ 4 Answers ]

Left Arm pain and weakness reason for MRI. Findings: At C5-6 there is mild posterior spurring contouring the ventral thecal sac. There is fairly severe narrowing of the left neural canal at this level. At C6-7 there is mild posterior spurring and disk protrusion causing mild contouring of...

Are doctors obligated to inform paitent of all findings [ 8 Answers ]

I got my medical records which said I have multiple things wrong with me. The hospital staff didn't inform me about any of them. Are they legally obligated to disclose all information on findings to me at time of service?

Doing a crow pose [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a certain way to doing a crow pose or do I need to have perfect upperbody/ ab strength? This is a crow pose if you all don't know what the heck I'm talking about. http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Kc2S631_aUuuEM:http://colveyco.com/gallery-annex/yoga/plate-110.jpg

Rule 296Request for findings of facts and conclusions of law [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I am sick with worry! Recently I was a defendant in a civil suit in which the plaintiff claimed my dog killed some of his goats... long story short... the judge ruled in my favor. Now this guy (the plaintiff) has hired an attorney! And filed a Rule 296 Request for Findings of Fact and...

View more questions Search