Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sstellic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 05:35 PM
    80s/90s cartoon about a doll where reality goes to a cartoon
    There was a doll that a movie was made about or vice versa, I can't remember. Anyway, these 2 girls, one is the doll, crawl through a little toy tunnel type thing and turn into a cartoon. They meet a rich spoiled girl and she has all these amazing toys in a huge room in her mansion. Then there is a boy and a horse... AH! I don't remember, but something like that. Can anyone help?
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Mar 30, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstellic
    There was a doll that a movie was made about or vice versa, I can't remember. Anyway, these 2 girls, one is the doll, crawl through a little toy tunnel type thing and turn into a cartoon. They meet a rich spoiled girl and she has all these amazing toys in a huge room in her mansion. Then there is a boy and a horse....AH! I don't remember, but something like that. Can anyone help?
    It sounds like you're thinking of Raggedy Anne and Andy: A Musical Adventure (1977). Raggedy Anne and her brother Raggedy Andy lived in the nursery of a little girl named Marcella. Raggedy Anne was Marcella's favorite doll. For Marcella's birthday she gets a beautiful French doll who is kidnapped by the pirate in a snow globe. Raggedy Anne doesn't want Marcella to be upset so her and Andy go to rescue the doll (who's name is Babbette) They find a stuffed camel in a mud puddle and the three rescue the French doll.

This may or may not be what you're thinking of but hope it helped.
    Sstellic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 05:51 PM
    I know it isn't Ragedy Anne because I know what that is and the girl is completely human looking in what I'm thinking about. But thank you for replying! I really appreciate it!
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Mar 31, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Sorry I couldn't have been more help. Good luck.
    artgirl29520 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 11:24 PM
    It was actually a toy that came with a movie. The name of the doll is Mirabelle and me talking doll by tiger interactive.
    PRUIZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 06:51 PM
    Try Hugga Bunch.

80s Nostalgia Question Solved: The Hugga Bunch
    pariah209154 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 07:29 PM

I wish I knew the answer to that myself... I remember my sister getting the doll for christmas years back... and I remember some of the song the doll sings.. something like "eyes and ears and nose and chin, that's what makes a gwendolyn"... gwendolyn is the spoiled girl.. I just wish I knew the name of the movie or where I could find it. That movie was AMAZING! Haha
    aendieye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 12:55 AM
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3092/is_n6_v33/ai_14916456/: "Other dolls are also talking, including Tiger's Mirabelle & Me, Talkin' Farm Babies by Hasbro and Talking Gerber Baby by Toy Biz."

And there's actually a PICTURE on this one: http://www.retrojunk.com/forums/index.php?view=posts&fid=5&tid=19541

:D:D:D

I've seriously been looking for this doll for about 5 years. I could remember little details about her, but I couldn't figure her name out until a very lucky Yahoo answers search for her and upon searching her name in combination with things like "interactive" and "gwendolyn", it lead me HERE which lead me to artgirl's answer which in turn lead me to figure out she's Mirabelle & Me talking doll. I did a Google search of "Mirabelle & Me" doll and have come up with a lot of good results.

This may sound like a hugely pathetic thing to say... but I was seriously going to lose some of my sanity over trying to find out about this doll. I had her as a kid and then forgot all about her until I remembered little details about her about 5 years ago.

It feels like I had that "it's on the tip of my tongue" feeling for 5 years and I just finally got it out.

Thanks!
    faithkayy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 02:15 PM
    I was beginning to think I was the only little girl on the planet to have this doll. Yup her name was mirabelle and boy did I love her. As said, you sat her in front of the TV and popped in the VHS that came along when purchased and she interacted with you through the movie. Man oh man, I loved that doll SO MUCH. In fact, my cousin broke her one time and I was so upset that my mother went and bought me a second mirabelle. Haha I've searched for so long to find information about her (especially about the video) because I can't remember a THING about the movie until I found this site and remembered the gwendallyn part. My favorite part about her was how her pink earings would light up whenever she spoke. I've been searching all night for a video of her but have had no luck.
    JOCO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 06:10 PM
    Does anyone know... did this doll have a friend on the tape named nicole?
    JOCO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 06:11 PM
    :o
    Quote Originally Posted by JOCO View Post
    DOES ANYONE KNOW...DID THIS DOLL HAVE A FRIEND ON THE TAPE NAMED NICOLE?
    bigal1118 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 06:01 PM
    I think Nicole was the little girl who owned her. In the beginning they are at her house and they crawl through one of those little play tunnels that you'd see in day cares and things like that. Then Mirabelle comes to life and they walk around and meet Gwendolyn. At one point Mirabelle stays with Gwendolyn and they sing a song called I Miss You that says something about "I wish I could hear your voice somehow and do all the things we used to do, I miss you" And there was a good witch that cast spells or something I vaguely remember?
    LittleStereo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 03:04 AM
    I have seriously been looking for this for a couple years too! I thought I was the only person who ever had the doll.
    I remember these parts of the movie: Mirabelle going into a tunnel into a cartoon world in some rich girl's house who had a slide from her bedroom to downstairs. A man who walking upside down on his hands. Some man saying "That will happen when pigs fly" and that's about it. I kind of thought the doll was creepy but the movie was awesome!
    Marleyne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2010, 08:47 PM
    It is, in fact, called Mirabelle and me. It was one of the greatest toys of the nighties. It's a shame that there isn't much about Mirabelle anywhere.
    You can watch Mirabelle and me on YouTube, just go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plrrVUBVDx8.
    ChelleTaylor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 06:51 AM
    Yes, Mirabelle had Nicole as her human girl. Then after they went into the tunnel to the cartoon world, they were in a Candy Garden. They then met up with bad Gwendylen. But the blue fairy helps them with the "Follow Me" song. My daughter had this as a littler girl and wishes so much for find a good condition of this doll again. I don't think that Tiger realizes how much the little girls fell in love with Mirabelle.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2010, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleTaylor View Post
    Yes, Mirabelle had Nicole as her human girl. Then after they went into the tunnel to the cartoon world, they were in a Candy Garden. They then met up with bad Gwendylen. But the blue fairy helps them with the "Follow Me" song. My daughter had this as a littler girl and wishes so much for find a good condition of this doll again. I don't think that Tiger realizes how much the little girls fell in love with Mirabelle.
    Try eBay, They have a little teeny doll there named Mirabelle.:)
    Kit_Ramos Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2010, 10:15 PM
    Yes, I had also been stuck with one of the songs from that show stuck in my head. It was actually the one where the two where signing about how much they missed each other after the rich brat girl manged to seprate the two. Anywse I had the same issue I could remember some things about the doll, but not the name or for a whle even where I got the show stuck in my head from. But the name finnaly came to me the name and after a stumble on a different answer site where someone was looking for a doll that matched where I thought it was and I finnaly was able to put the pieces together.. by the way some one posted the entire vhs video to YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plrrVUBVDx8&feature=related
    SPress Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2011, 10:39 AM
    I actually own two of these dolls and the movie. Been trying to sell them actually l. Haha!
    ajadeily Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2011, 04:19 PM
    The movie is called mirabelle and friends. I own it on vhs i used to watch it whe i was little. The little girls name is nicole and the dolls name is mirabelle /
    !
    juliem35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2011, 07:11 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a place to buy this doll and movie. I would love to get one for my grand daughter. I got one for my daughter when she was young and I still have it minus a let :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early 90s cartoon need help! [ 10 Answers ]

In the early 90s, there was this cartoon about these lizards or mutants ( I can't really remember) that were really into extreme sports. I think the series was short lived.

80s cartoon movie [ 2 Answers ]

This has been bothering me for months, and I cannot think of the title of this movie I watched as a kid. I remember very few details. First, it came in a teal box. I think the characters have leaves on their heads. The only scene I remember is of the characters running across a rope to cross a...

Scfi cartoon movie from late 80s maybe 90s [ 5 Answers ]

This ones been boiling my brain for some time now and I can only remember small bits so I'll apologise now. It was a scifi animated film a bit of a star wars rip off where a young man blonde I think, has to save (I think) his siter, it starts in and underground mine/volcano where the young man is...

90s cartoon [ 1 Answers ]

Need help remembering the name of a cartoon that focused on a group of superheroes who helped fight crime while playing sports for their day job.im not referring to king arthur and the knights of the round table.this cartoon was based in the usa and set in the future if I'm correct.the characters...

View more questions Search