Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beplmi Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Nov 20, 2013, 05:12 PM
    Weight loss
    What is a supliment I can take to control my weight? I'm not overweight or anything but I'm starting to pack on the pounds due to stress and the lack of time I have to work out.
    I am a 22 year old female. Not looking for those diet pills that advertise pure weight loss but something that CONTROLS my weight.

Thank you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2013, 06:02 PM
    If you are putting on weight... that indicates you are consuming too many calories.

So you eat less (and start being more conscious of exactly what and how much you actually eat)... or you find the time to exercise more.

The reality is your metabolism is probably slowing down now that you are no longer a teenager. And you need fewer calories.

It happens to essentially everyone as you get older. It does vary as to when it effects each of us.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 21, 2013, 08:38 AM
    Taking a pill is the last thing you want to do. Control through diet and exercise, as Smoothy said, is exactly what you want to do.
    szissa Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2013, 01:17 PM
    You should look into high intensity interval workouts, these workouts take less time and you can burn more calories. The only way not to gain weight is to burn more than you consume, much safer than taking pills. :)
    beplmi Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Nov 22, 2013, 05:49 PM
    I understand the whole "eat less, exercise more" thing, but my reality is no time. I have enough time to work, study, go to my classes, and get minimal sleep. I'm not looking for a supplement that burns fats for me, just something to help control it. Something natural?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2013, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beplmi View Post
    I understand the whole "eat less, exercise more" thing, but my reality is no time. I have enough time to work, study, go to my classes, and get minimal sleep. I'm not looking for a supplement that burns fats for me, just something to help control it. Something natural?
    There isn't one... if you can't exercise more... then your only choice is to eat less... or eat less fattening stuff. And if you pay attention to what you eat... odds are you can accomplish this by limiting or cutting out one or two of the most calorie packed things you eat right now. And if you don't watch what you eat now...then its guaranteed there are some very easy changes that you can make. Like cutting out things like soft drinks...Lattes, even fruit juices....as they have high calorie / low nutrition ratios.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 25, 2013, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by beplmi View Post
    I understand the whole "eat less, exercise more" thing, but my reality is no time. I have enough time to work, study, go to my classes, and get minimal sleep. I’m not looking for a supplement that burns fats for me, just something to help control it. Something natural?
    You make time for it or you don't. The results are always dependent on what you put in. There isn't a pill that effectively controls appetite or digestion. You can put in exercise in your own way if you really want to. It can be a simple as taking the stairs, walking that extra block to the next bus stop. The point is to get some more physical activity, even if it is just walking around the block, into your schedule.

It is a choice and it will require effort on your part. There aren't any free or even cheap rides.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Weight loss, making my own weight loss journal [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 and I want to lose weight and make my own weight loss journal. What are some things I sholud keep trak of? And shloud there be things I sholud add as I start, like look at taking vitmins.

What weight loss program helps you detoxify and loss weight at a good rate? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to detoxify my body and loss weight healthily and rapidly. I want to lose 80 lbs by the end of the year.. . I did south beach and I lost about 50 pounds in not even 3 months. :)

Weight loss and weight training [ 5 Answers ]

I need to lose 12 to 14 pounds I gained during the past months as a result of anxiety and not having the time to work out. I used to be fashion model thin, probably because of genes, but after having to eat precious little during a long stay in Thailand, I couldnīt eat the food there - I got...

View more questions Search