Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shubham Mannewa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2013, 12:23 AM
    How to use hiren boot
    How to use Hiren boot cd to remove bad sectors and create new sectors on hard disk
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2013, 09:23 AM
    There are a number of versions of this software out there... which do you have?

You don't create new sectors... they are already there... what happens is sometimes sectors get flagged as bad when they really aren't... and there are programs out there that can test and return them to service if they do in fact test as good.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2013, 09:31 AM
    If you are trying to condition your hard drive there are better, less 'dangerous' tools than the Hiren suite of tools. Windows built-in tools such as chkdsk work well.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2013, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    If you are trying to condition your hard drive there are better, less 'dangerous' tools than the Hiren suite of tools. Windows built-in tools such as chkdsk work well.
    I'll second this advice. Some of these tsoftware ools available out there can cause physical damage to the drive and not just data loss or curruption if used incorrectly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I use Hiren boot cd [ 3 Answers ]

Today I downloaded Hiren boot cd to back my old computer when the download finshed I got a zip archive and it won't burn to a disk so I can boot it . I have tried that file of my mac and my vista laptop won't work eather way can any give me a liketo the iso file online ?

What is about hiren boot [ 1 Answers ]

What is use of hiren boot? How can it help me in further? How can I use it?

Hiren boot cd how to use [ 2 Answers ]

How to use hiren boot cd send info to >Removed<

How can I use hiren boot cd [ 1 Answers ]

I get a Image file of Hiren Boot CD. How can I use this? And what is the utility of this software ?

View more questions Search