Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milwmommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2013, 12:00 PM
    Child Support Answer
    Hello. I was served with a petition for child support. I currently work for a temp agency, which does not offer insurance. I am receiving state aid for insurance for myself and my son (1 yr old) and also minimal food stamps. I currently live with my son's father, as we both pay half of utilities, housing, food, etc. since we both work. I explained this to the worker when they interviewed me for the program. They said that's okay -- we are basically roommates.
    Anyway, we just moved, and when I changed my address, they didn't ask me to change my son's father's address. So, they think he still lives in our previous residence. Therefore, they have summoned us to court to establish child support, as they do not think he is contributing to our son. In this petition, it has asked me to respond to the court within 45 days as per Chapter 802. Like many of the other questions I've read, I am wondering if there is some kind of example answer I can use for format purposes. I have visited http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/stat...atutes/802.pdf, so I know what should be in each section, however, I didn't go to law school, so I am a little unsure of myself when writing this.
    Basically, are there any example or sample 'answers' for Wisconsin Statute 802? Thank you for any help.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Nov 19, 2013, 08:53 PM
    No, there is no such as example answers.
    All cases are different and you have to write ANSWER /PLEADING/where you explain whether you agree with their claim.
    Look at the summons you received and then decide how to answer it
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2013, 09:47 PM
    Check with a local law school. Many have clinics that will help you prepare the paperwork.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can child support levy a bank account if you are paying child support weekly [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriends name is on my checking acct. He also has his own account. He is paying weekly child's support from his pay check to the state of NH by court order. Massachusetts child support put a levy on all of my account and all of his account. None of the money ($1669.90) in my account was his. I...

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

How to answer old child support contempt of court papers long distance [ 13 Answers ]

My ex or judicial courts has rehased a old child support contempt papers I was unemployed for 2 1/2 years however recently employed and have been paying child support current and payments on the arrears are being automatically withhold from my check. How do I answer this contempt. This contempt...

Can my sons father get out of child support, or back child support? [ 2 Answers ]

The paternity was established for my son at 6 months of age.. will the father have to pay the past 6 months?

Affirmative answer to child support of unclean hands - when to file motion to dismiss [ 9 Answers ]

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. After months of not paying child support of $2,000/mo. (as well as multiple additional items required by the Divorce Decree) (within the State of Georgia and where the Divorce Decree was filed), my ex-husband filed for Modification of Child Support. ...

View more questions Search