Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dr bassam hamzeh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 02:19 PM
    How I treat a bad smelling sweat
    What is the cause of bad smelling sweat and what is the solutionfor this problem
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 30, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Much of it can be attributed to diet. People who eat certain spices tend to have odorous perspirations, as well as people who drink high amounts of alcohol.
    Selva Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 02:44 AM
    Exactly diet is the black catl.The persons taking meat particularly beef are much open to this problem. Minimize the number of times you consume non vegetarian stuff. The person who is a vegetarians needs to take much fruits and vegetables to get rid off this problem. Try for a good deo spray.
    Jualsy Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

May 31, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Sweat generally speaking is not smelly when it is fresh. Showering frequently should deal with the smell, though some people sweat profusely naturally.
    ActionJackson Posts: 301, Reputation: 28

Jun 2, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dr bassam hamzeh
    what is the cause of bad smelling sweat and what is the solutionfor this problem
    I know that diet can affect body odor. Someone who eats a lot of garlic will smell like garlic often times. Just like a person who drinks a ton of carrot juice will often times turn orange. I generally have a pretty strong odor and standard deodorants or antiperspirants didn't last very long at all with me. About a year or two ago, as I was browsing around my local health food store, I came across a deodorant stick called the Thai Stick (no, not the marijuana kind). That was just the name brand for that particular unit but various companies sell the same thing. It's basically made up of mineral salts. It is hard so it takes some getting used to but all you do is wet it and rub it around under your arms and on your feet if you are so inclined. I tested it's ability to kill odor by not showering for two days straight and it completely eliminated the odor. I don't use anything else now. Another great thing about it is that it is relatively inexpensive and one stone lasts and lasts and lasts. Hi highly recommend it. Go to your local health food store and buy one. You can't lose.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 2, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Selva
    persons taking meat particularly beef are much open to this problem. Minimize the number of times you consume non vegetarian stuff.
    This is totally new to me. I am a red meat eater BIG TIME and I have no odor, I mean none, no deodorant, no antipersperant.

As stated before, and AJ said it well, diet such as garlic, onions, curry, etc can cause odor problems. But heredity can also.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Solution. Sweat mostly on underarms. One way to control it. Apple cider vinager. You could add this too your diet you could also apply some to your underarms and this will help as well.

2 tablespoons mixed in water. You could do it once a day or even with each meal.

Joe
    yug Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 11:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dr bassam hamzeh
    what is the cause of bad smelling sweat and what is the solutionfor this problem
    What can I do to get rid of my double chin problem?
    yug Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 11:46 PM
    Can I eliminate skin tags on my own, without going to the doctors.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2007, 01:43 AM
    Yug,

Do you have a weight problem. Are you overweight. People who tend to be overweight have more sweating issues.
    dntmkemelaff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 07:03 AM
    Comment on Selva's post
    Not particularly beef lol
    borgchennai Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 01:17 PM
    I think smelling bad in general and especially from the sweat from the backside of one's ears could be attributed to taking certain medicines. It happened to me after I started taking homeopathic formulations for hives and other skin problems.
    borgchennai Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 01:18 PM
    I think smelling bad in general and especially from the sweat from the backside of one's ears could be attributed to taking certain medicines. It happened to me after I started taking homeopathic formulations for hives and other skin problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discussion. Treat them mean, Keep them Keen ! [ 20 Answers ]

It has been my experience that if your not decent to a girl she is decent to you & if you are decent to a girl she is not decent to you ! (((Perhaps this treat them mean keep them keen))).

Bad sweat smell [ 2 Answers ]

My sweat smell is very bad although I used anti - sweat Iamb 20 years and this problem begin at 13 years old And also my mouth smell is very bad If there is any solution please answer me Thank you

We teach others how to treat us [ 7 Answers ]

Do you think this is true "that we teach others how to treat us". I am wondering if anyone has any experience in this subject?

How would a paramedic treat someone having convulsions? [ 2 Answers ]

Two paramedics pull up to a woman who's tearing at her own scalp and having convulsions/seizure. I'm writing a movie and want to get this scene, including dialogue, accurate. Thanks!

Bad smelling bath/sink [ 2 Answers ]

For the past few months we have been noticing a bad, sulfur-type odor coming from our master bath toilet and sink. The smell is not constant and doesn't always correspond to running water (running both hot and cold water in the sink can cause the smell, but it disappears after a few minutes) or...

View more questions Search