Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mitska Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2013, 07:42 AM
    How do you tell what has been discharged in a chapter 13.
    This was filed in NC Wake County and I am 39 and a Teacher.

In our Trustees final report with a list of all creditors, notice only and account amounts and completed plan papers for ch.13 I have my entire school loan listed with guarantors name and the specific amount. When I received the papers I called my lawyer he told me that if there is a specific amount listed then it was discharged.

When we took the means test we were at a negative amount and we were told that all our unsecured debt was not going to have to be repaid because of the negative number on the means test. The school loan is listed on the Schedule F form as well. It is also listed on # 60 of the means test when it states is there any other expense that would be paid. It's under the negative amount of the means test.

Is this correct? My lawyer never told us about an adversary hearing or how to proceed.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Criminal Court Orders for restitution be discharged with Chapter 7? [ 13 Answers ]

I was just notified by a Bankruptcy Court that an individual who has been ordered to pay restitution to me in both a CIVIL and CRIMINAL lawsuit has applied for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. She is presently paying on the criminal order so that she won't be returned to prison. Is it possible to have...

If my chapter 13 isn't discharged are their any banks that will refinance my home? [ 1 Answers ]

Need the names of banks that will refinance my home even though my chapter 13 is not discharged?

A debt wasn't discharged with bankruptcy? How do I get it discharged? [ 17 Answers ]

I was sued by a lawyer representing a major bank. In 2008 my chapter 7 was discharged, but the debt with the bank wasn't because they said I committed fraud. I didn't go to court to battle this out-being I represented myself. Now I'm scheduled to go to general sessions court for this same debt...

Can I file a chapter 7, if my chapter 13 case has been dismissed? [ 2 Answers ]

Under my Ch. 13 bankruptcy, my payments were based on my employment and child support. I have since been laid off(not long after filing), and have not received a child support payment in 8 months. My attorney hasn't been returning my calls, and even after knowing my income situation, he didn't...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.