Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oli Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2005, 10:52 AM
    Jpg to word document
    I have received a scanned word document that is in jpg format. Is there a way I can take jpg and paste it into Word so I can work on it?
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Feb 12, 2005, 11:00 AM
    Howdy:

No.. You need a graphics editor like PaintShop Pro. Photoshop or Ifranview..

Ifranview is free and very good.. Suggest you download and install it and then you can edit/work on the jpg file!

Murray
    oli Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2005, 10:42 PM
    This file that I received as an attachment in my email is in jpg format. I opened the file up in PSCS but I cannot save it as a word document or print it where you can legibly read it. Anyway I wanted to work with it in Microsoft Word.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2005, 05:06 AM
    You will need to scan the image using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software in order to have text that can become a Word document. Most scanner include this software.

Good luck.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2005, 07:27 AM
    Jpg to Word
    Hi,
    You do need an imaging program.
    As another Expert said, IrFanView is a good one, and is only a little over 800 Kb.

Here is a link:

http://www.download.com/IrfanView/30...ml?tag=stbc.gp

Go to the site, download it, then left double-click on the .exe file to install it.
    Open this program, then you can open the .jpg file and work on it.

Best wishes,
    fredg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2005, 08:49 AM
    First, assuming the image was a text document that the person scanned as a JPG, even if you do open it in an image editor, you really wouldn't be able to edit the text. A JPG is a graphic file which is composed of thousands of dots, you could only edit the dots.

However, there MAY be a way to convert to editable text. First you would have to have OCR software on your system. OCR stands for Optical Character Reader and can convert text in an image file to editable text. If you have a scanner you may have some on your system. However, most will not take a JPG as input. You would propbably need to convert the JPG to a TIF file. How well the OCR reads the text depends on the quality of the scan.

Frankly, I would go back to the author and as then to send you the DOC file instead of a scanned image.
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Feb 15, 2005, 04:37 PM
    I think the easiest way to convert jpg to Word would be to print the document then scan it as a Word or Text document.
    mateo_salta Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2005, 10:19 AM
    The thing is text recoginition progroms don't allways "recoginize" all the text. So it might miss some words or caracters because of the quality of the graphic. So unless you have some time to find a OCR program and mess with it, it might just be eaiser to type it in.
    sccollins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 04:12 PM
    Thanks, this worked for me. I first downloaded IrFranview, then I downloaded the program. The OCR translation took less than a minute and I was able to print...

Did I say thanks?
    lakshmans Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 05:26 AM
    After scaning the text document I need to edit the same as was before, is it posible
    sarathehope Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2011, 12:59 AM
    Maybe
    sadrul Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2011, 11:46 PM
    I have receive d a document in JPEJ formet. I want to something to edit. So I need a word formet
    farahsalim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2012, 07:59 PM
    I won't rmove gpj to word

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Previously opened document Word File Menu [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having a question. Normally when we open a word document and select the File Menu, then we come across all previously opened (about 4) word files. Now I want to remove those existing files which show up when we start a word document. I know how to overwrite it, by opening a few other...

Spell checking is disabled in one Document in Word [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Word Expert: The spell checking is disabled in one of my Word documents (Word 97). If I copy the entire document to a new page in Word, the spell checking becomes enable. Do you have any other way to fix it except copying and pasting into another new page?

UAW Document 42 [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings! I am seeking any information regarding the UAW national contract, more specifically the GM-UAW contract, and the application of what is known as Document 42. Does anyone know of a case where Document 42 has been used? If you could furnish me with any details of the case it would be...

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

Scanning text into a Word XP document [ 4 Answers ]

My professor needs to have her published economics instructor's manual scanned into a Word document . What scanner and software is capable of doing this? The office has an old HP ScanJet 4C flatbed scanner. Thanks.

View more questions Search