Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxangel-eyezxx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2013, 05:52 AM
    What Color Shoes Should I wear with this Party Dress? (I need to know before Th
    Hey,

I've never used a forum for advice before, but feel the need to get some much needed fashion advice, as I struggle to get it right sometimes (LOL)

I bought this Grey Embellished Party Dress from Miss Selfridge's the other day, to wear out next week (clubbing) and maybe even to a a Works Christmas do in December, however I'm stuck as to what color shoes would be best? I've been doing some online research and most articles state that silver shoes would be best with a silver/grey dress unless I'm after making a dramatic statement, in which case I'd wear black / prints (but I'm not really)... but looking at it myself, I'm not 100% convinced it'll work.

Here is a link for the dress (the pictures don't do it enough justice tbh)

http://www.missselfridge.com/en/msuk...356?bi=1&ps=40

(My friend saw these cute shoes on eBay, but I can't really see them going)

NEW Womens/Ladies/Girls Jewel Detail Ankle Strap Kitten Heels Shoes | eBay

If you could take a look, maybe post some pictures of things I could get? I'm on a tight budget and my feet can't handle anything above 3 inches lol. I know it's a tall order, but I'm hoping someone out there can help...

I'd really appreciate any advice given!

Thanks! x.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 17, 2013, 07:04 AM
    What's your hair and eyes color, and skin tone?
    The shoes are very cute and will be fine.
    Sometimes a dramatic necklace, earrings, or something like a hair comb or embellished bobby pins (a US term, not sure what you call them) is used for a color accent that can be matched or semi-matched with shoes.
    Sometimes dark hair and eyes are accentuated with dark shoes.
    But I'm not a fashion bug at all, and I do think the silver shoes are very pretty.
    xxangel-eyezxx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2013, 07:29 AM
    Thanks for getting back to me (joypulv),

My hair is mid-length, brown & Wavy / Curly, my eyes a mainly blue (but I have one that's half brown lol), and as for skin tone, not 100% sure...

Thanks, I wondered with the dress being pale grey, a similar tone shoe might be more appropriate.

Again thanks, that's all useful, as I myself am very fashion noobish, and make some of the most basic errors... I tend to like shiny things a lot and end up over-doing it lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do you like wear indian ethnic wear dress? [ 3 Answers ]

I belong to India and only follow latest Indian tradition fashion.

What kind of dress & color should I wear for homecoming? [ 3 Answers ]

So I'm going into my Sophomore year and homecoming is coming really fast and I want to look outstanding! I've always gotten black, white, and gray dresses and they all look the same. I want to change the color up. So what color would look best on me? I have blonde hair, green eyes and Fine Ivory...

What shoes to wear with my dress? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I have to go to a wedding so I bought a dark teal bubble dress that ends right before my knees. I didn't really want to wear heels, but if those are the best shoes for the dress I will. Also, on the straps there are some type of wooden beads, so I was thinking brown shoes. I'm not really good...

View more questions Search