Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dussex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Antique model ship
    I recently purchased an antique medieval carrack ship modeled after a ship in the 14th-15th century. The artist used burlap for the sails. It has a solid wood hull. Does anyone have experience with the history of model ship building and the various materials used during different point in history?
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Apr 10, 2007, 06:41 AM
    What is your ultimate goal? Are you trying to rebuild a similar ship, or trying to figure out when it was made or..
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2007, 06:42 AM
    Ship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This gives a bit of history, maybe some of the links at the bottom will give you even more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite model quiet guard 7 model 665. [ 12 Answers ]

Six month old dishwasher. Worked fine until today - won't start. LIghts are on and control panel seems to be working OK. The "Clean" indicator is flashing in intervals of 7 flashes and then pauses. When I select the "Start" button it flashes red 3 times and then nothing. The "Drain/Cancel"...

Model ship building: Getting started [ 1 Answers ]

So I've decided to take up a hobby, and I've mostly decided on model ship building... old sailing ships, mainly, but warships up through WWII era are interesting as well. When I was a kid, I built a few model cars... nothing really complex, and cars never really held much of a fascination for me...

Cruise Ship Job [ 1 Answers ]

In trying to obtain a Cruise Ship job I was asked to obtain the seamans or seafarers Discharge Book. Could you define what this book is and how do I go about trying to obtain one so that I can get this job.

Orka following a ship? [ 2 Answers ]

Why could a Killer Whale follow a ship? A friend of mine told me a story about an orca, following his ship for 16 days during the course through Atlantic up to Gibraltar, where it turned back... Only following, like playing, singing for all these nights, a "song" that was more like a baby...

View more questions Search