Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Nov 15, 2013, 11:02 AM
    My boss is making me work hours while I'm in school
    I don't know what I should do about this. So I have a part time job and I'm going to college full time. I have never had a problem with my work schedule up until we got this new service manager. He's changing everyone's schedule around and he is scheduling me to work hours when I'm in school. He's not a very reasonable person and he is arrogant. Should I go up to him about this and how should I handle this matter. I was doing so well in school and now I'm pretty much failing because of my work scheduling me like this. Can he do this? Should I go to my union representative about this? Work is causing so much stress on me that I just feel like quitting but I need this job as well so I can make money and pay for things like school and bills. Any suggestions?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2013, 01:01 PM
    'Can he do this? Should I go to my union representative about this?'

Yes and Yes. The union rep would be a much better source on how to handle this than we would ever be plus he knows what's in the contract.

Bottomline is even though this seems big now, it will just be a small insignificant memory in the long run well after you have FINISHED SCHOOL. So FINISH SCHOOL and make that the priority. You can get a job just about anywhere but FINISH SCHOOL.

Can you tell what I think you should do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2013, 01:43 PM
    If you are in a union and you are being scheduled for school hours where your school time was being accommodated previously, then this is one of the things unions are for.

However, you say; "Should I go up to him about this and how should I handle this matter. " If you have not gone to him and said this is my school schedule can you rearrange my work schedule around it? then the fault is yours. He may not even know that this is a problem unless you have told him. Now if you told him and he refused to cahnge your schedule, then the next stop is your union rep.
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Nov 18, 2013, 10:39 PM
    Well he has my school schedule written down and he acted dumb about it. He's all like oh I didn't see that well I'm new at doing this so I'll get better.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 18, 2013, 10:57 PM
    So your schedule was adjusted?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2013, 05:34 AM
    It is your duty to go, as soon as you see there is a conflict, and talk to him, he may lose the schedule, forget about itt,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boss will not pay me for hours worked [ 5 Answers ]

On Tuesday I was told to come to work earlier for my boss because she needed me, I worked 2 hours then she told me she didn't want me to come today early but the next day. But I already clocked in and worked those hours , she said she will not pay me for my misunderstanding her. Is that legal in...

I lost my glass eye boss won't help with hours should I have to quit? [ 2 Answers ]

Ive lost my glass eye so now I have nothing there anymore. I asked my boss to help me with hours and coming in early to get all the morning work done so I don't have to leave my job. She will not help me in anyway and HR isn't helping either. I don't want to leave my job but I feel I'm being...

My boss is always drunk at work [ 5 Answers ]

My boss is always drunk at work. I have complained to his superiors, for nearly a year. I am so stressed out, it literally makes me sick to my stomach. What can be done about this situation? I need my job, but I am also tired of being sick (stressed out) all the time. Please note, the boss's...

Boss making employees pay workers compensation insurance premiums [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, thank you in advance for taking the time to read my thread. I am a contractor. I do contract labor for a company that recently got all of us,( the employees), together and told us that we will either have to start taking a deduction from our checks to cover the cost of the workers...

View more questions Search