Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Somewherenks Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2013, 10:20 AM
    Used Car Salesperson, what should they know?
    Would you expect a used car salesperson to have knowledge of the vehicle their selling?

Would you expect them to know if there were a recall on a vehicle or if a Technical Service Bulletin has been issued?

What would you expect them to know?

Thanks,
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 15, 2013, 10:22 AM
    I would expect them to know about everything about a car they had on their lot.

Why, did you have a problem with a misinformed used car salesman?
    Somewherenks Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2013, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I would expect them to know about everything about a car they had on their lot.

Why, did you have a problem with a misinformed used car salesman?
    Yes, they neglected to disclose vital information.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Did your mechanic check the car before you bought it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 15, 2013, 10:36 AM
    Cars in Ontario cannot be sold without a roadworthy certificate. Where are you located ?

It is good to give us all of the information at once, therefore avoiding these back and forth questions. You get better answers this way.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 15, 2013, 10:37 AM
    I sell used cars....

I have to be honest here....people expect you to know everything about a car on your lot but that is just not possible. If you have 15 to 20 different cars....and you change your inventory on a regular basis, it is IMPOSSIBLE to know every little thing about every car you have on your lot...It can't be done.

New car sales people deal with the same cars all the time...same make, same models, generally the same features and problems. Used cars...I sell everything from Audi to Ford to Volkswagen....cars, SUV's, and Vans....how could I know every thing about each car? I try to research them...I try to learn...but it can't be done.

As far as a recall or a TSB...how would a used dealer know that? The only way they would know that is if the recall or TSB was sent to them somehow and I can tell you, it just doesn't happen. Many recalls are silent anyway...and TSB's? Usually only mechanics see that kind of information.

I do think though, if you bought a used car from a dealer and it turned out to have a recall or an important TSB, they should help you get it taken care of.

The problem we face here is that everyone automatically assumes car dealers are out to screw the general public...I will agree that many are...but not all of them are. Not all car dealers are evil...you have to give them the benefit of the doubt and see if they will work with you on your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewherenks View Post
    Yes, they neglected to disclose vital information.
    They neglected to do it or they simply did not know? There is a difference.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a conviction while being a real estate salesperson [ 4 Answers ]

Getting a conviction while being a real estate salesperson of fraud in a tax buss

Chevrolet salesperson training [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get training to become sales person for a chevrolet /ford/dodge company? Do you have to go to college or is there another way like a basic training course you can do? And how can I apply for it? Thank you.

How to be a successful security guard salesperson? [ 2 Answers ]

How to be a successful security guard salesperson in multiple states Maryland dc and va

Commercial Cleaner looking to hire a salesperson. [ 5 Answers ]

Where is a good place to post a job for a tenured salesperson? I know of Backpage and Craigslist, but no leads. Any suggestions?

What should I pay a landscaping salesperson [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to hire a Landscaping & Snow Removal salesperson. What should I pay as a base? What % should I pay ? On net profit or gross sales? Expenses? Benefits?

View more questions Search