Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trigeminalrelie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2013, 02:26 AM
    What kinds of treatment is there for ringing of the inner ear
    From past I am suffering from the ear problem. My ears are ringing and getting problem in listening to another people. Can I get the best solution to get relief from it
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 15, 2013, 02:48 AM
    Ringing in the ear is called tinnitus. It isn't a disease itself, but a symptom of other conditions.
    The most common is mucous congestion in the ear or any of the sinuses of the head near the ear, and/or ear wax. Second is age, because the soft moving parts of the ear harden with age. After that, there are countless reasons, and truthfully, with millions of people suffering from tinnitus, scientists just say that most people may have no real underlying problem.
    Treatment is first decongestants, and second is a tricyclic antidepressant or anti-anxiety drug such as Valium. Recently, researchers found that an epilepsy drug known as retigabine prevented it in lab rats. That does NOT mean it is a known cure. You would need to talk to your doctor. There are a few famous tinnitus clinics in the world, if you have the money.
    If you are old, try doing simple neck exercises several times a day, rolling your head from side to side and all around (not back, which can make you dizzy). Don't expect instant results, or any at all, because it's just a way to keep your ear parts moving. Some people buy 'white noise machines.' I have tinnitus (age 67) and I notice it getting worse with age, but it doesn't interrupt my ability to hear - yet!
    If you are younger and it is truly severe, have a complete physical, with perhaps an MRI, to see if you have a serious and rare underlying condition.

If you have trigeminal neuralgia (based on your ID?), then what have you been doing for that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ringing in ear [ 9 Answers ]

I had a real bad cold & afterwards I've had a constant ringing in my right ear. :(

What causes ringing in the ear [ 1 Answers ]

I have constant ringing in my right ear. When I talk I hear a vibration echo in the same ear.

Ringing in my ear! [ 2 Answers ]

29 weeks pregnant Hey, I have always had ear problems so I'm not sure if this is pregnancy related, but since yesterday I've had a ringing in my right ear, its driving me mad! I haven't been using ear phones or listening to anything loud as my ears a very sensitive anyway so I'm not sure what...

Ringing in ear [ 3 Answers ]

My son experienced a ringing in his ear and later flu-like symptoms, to include vertigo-like symptons (diziness)... we have been to several doctors and are being told there is nothing that can be done about the ringing noise in his ears... has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Ringing in Ear [ 2 Answers ]

I went to a concert for my University last night and ended up close by the speaker for the most of it, it mainly in the direction of my left ear. I'm 20 by the way, It was pretty loud, and for some performances I plugged that ear just to get rid of the sound. Now, when I got home, I knew that my...

View more questions Search