Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary e hamilton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2013, 08:37 AM
    Custody of minor
    My son has a four year old son (he will turn five on dec. first). The girl that he impregnated lived with us (my son lives at home with my boyfriend and myself) during the whole pregnancy and up till the baby turned one year old , she then moved with her mother and took the baby with her, less than a year later she was involved with another man and they moved in together . That was about five years ago. They have separated now and he has taken my grandson and the child she had with this man (not to mention the fact that she is pregnant now) and moved in with his parents. What chance do you think my son has obtaining custody of my grandson or how can we get my grandson back with us. By the way she has a black eye and her arm is in a sling!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2013, 10:02 AM
    This man has no right to your grandson. So your son should be able to go and just take custody of his son while he files for permanent custody with the courts.

I'm assuming here, that your son is the legal father (either listed on the birth certificate or signed an acknowledgement of paternity). Has he been visiting his son all along or has the mother prevented that?

But the bottom line is, as long as your son is the legal father to the child and the there are no court orders giving primary custody to the mother or someone else, then he can go get his child. However, if the child is still with the mother and the mother refuses to let him have the child, then he has to go through the courts first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody of Minor grandchildren [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Arkanas and my Daughter's husband has walked out on her twice. She was left homeless. I let her and her two boy's, ages 4 and 1 live with us. They were to pay 75.00 a week for rent and use their food stamp card for food. They worked things out and the husband moved in with us also. After...

Custody of minor sister [ 1 Answers ]

How exactly can I file for custody of my 14 year old sister my mother died 3years ago, her dad is still alive but I do not know where he is and he is not on her birth certificate

How to get custody of my minor sisters in wi [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 23 year old I'm married with 2 kids stable housing and work. My mom is having an affair and my dad will be seeking a divorce. My mom has not worked in 10+ years and has nowhere to go and no way to care for my sisters. My dad is more stable but works very long hours and has a drinking problem,...

Emergency Custody of Minor [ 1 Answers ]

How can I go about trying to get emergency custody of my sons girlfriend. She is 16 yrs old an 6 months pregnant. Her mom is on drugs an her step dad beat on the mom. The mother has not been involved with taking her daughter to the doctors or anything. I have done everything for this girl. They got...

Custody of my minor son [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I went to jail 2 years and 2 months ago.. not sentence but I had no one to get me out so I had to remain until my court date which was 9 months away. I got out at one point thanks to some very good samaritans and went straight into rehab for anxiety and depression. While I was in rehab I was...

View more questions Search