Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2013, 09:15 PM
    Garcinia cambogia
    What do you know about this product?
    zylstra Posts: 83, Reputation: 11

Nov 12, 2013, 09:41 PM
    What information in particular are you looking for other than what is in Wikipedia, Garcinia gummi-gutta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2013, 05:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zylstra View Post
    What information in particular are you looking for other than what is in Wikipedia, Garcinia gummi-gutta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ?
    safety, effectiveness, side effects
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 13, 2013, 06:16 AM
    In what form would you be buying it?
    I buy tamarind (paste, in a jar) on occasion to add to Pad Thai. I'm pretty sure it's fermented, as many fruits and vegetables throughout Asia are. (Fermented is often referred to as sour.) And given that there is evidence that fermented fruits aid in digestion, I can imagine that there could be a slight weight loss in people who needed a boost to digestion of refined and unhealthy diets.
    I can't imagine that as a food added to other food, that it would be unsafe or have side effects unless you have an allergy.
    I see no point in eating it in high amounts, or highly concentrated.
    zylstra Posts: 83, Reputation: 11

Jun 29, 2014, 02:15 AM
    From WebMD:

Possibly Ineffective for:

Weight loss.

Insufficient Evidence for:

Exercise performance. Taking a chemical compound found in garcinia called hydroxycitric acid (HCA) might increase how long untrained women are able to exercise.
    Weight loss. The effect of garcinia on weight loss is not clear. Some research shows that taking garcinia fruit rind extract doesn't seem to decrease fat breakdown or energy expenditure in overweight people. However, other research suggests that it might improve weight loss.
    Treating worms and parasites.
    Emptying the bowel.
    Severe diarrhea (dysentery).
    Other conditions.

Side Effects:

Garcinia is POSSIBLY SAFE for most people when used for 12 weeks or less. Long-term safety is unknown. Garcinia can cause nausea, digestive tract discomfort, and headache.
    Special Precautions & Warnings:
    Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of garcinia during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search