Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tictactoe Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2013, 06:27 PM
    Gay trying to be heterosexual
    So I have a girlfriend that I have been with for 5years now. I am attracted to men as well. The thing is I choose to be In a heterosexual lifestyle for a long time now ,(I'm 30years old). However I can't seem to make male friends anymore in the fear that I might become attracted to them sexually . It would be nice if you could give me a few advice on how I could become more relaxed around me.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 12, 2013, 09:48 PM
    Honestly I'm not sure what advice you want... You are attracted to what you are attracted to. Just go with it. If it's men you desire, then so be it. Be you. Not someone you're not. It almost seems like you are ashamed of being gay therefore you are using the female companionship as a cover.

I could be wrong.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 12, 2013, 11:39 PM
    Are you gay or bi? You post that you're gay, but that you're in a heterosexual relationship and have been for 5 years. So you're lying to her and yourself? Is that it?

If you're gay you're trying to be something you're not, and it will never work. Not only won't you be happy, but lying to your girlfriend isn't fair to her either, do you honestly think you can make her happy by living a lie with her?

If you're bi you have to decide what you want. I'm a married hetero female, I have male friends, and I have female friends. I haven't stopped hanging out with my male friends because I'm worried I might become attracted to them. I might find them attractive, but I have something everyone has, a choice, a choice to be faithful, or to cheat. We all have that choice, regardless of our sexual orientation.

So you have to figure out who you are, be who you are. That doesn't mean that if you're bi you have an excuse to cheat because you like both sexes, you still owe any partner you're with your faithfulness. If you can't give that to them you have to start asking why. Maybe she's not the right partner for you.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2013, 06:07 AM
    More relaxed? Ain't going to happen until you accept you. Trust me, I know.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 13, 2013, 06:20 AM
    This isn't fair to your girlfriend. If your culture is still too hard on gays, find a woman who knows you are gay and doesn't mind or even prefers that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 13, 2013, 12:11 PM
    We can't choose our sexuality but can chose our life styles. If you want to explore other life styles at least be honest with your partner of 5 years. Its not about life style any way its about honesty loyalty, and commitment, and its nobody's fault if you cannot honor them and control yourself. If you are to weak to control yourself then be honest and share that so she can make her own decision and not be a victim of your own choices of behavior.

Really simple if you cannot stay within the boundaries of good behavior and honor your commitments to your relationship, you should leave and let her find a loyal partner. Does she even know you are gay/bi?

Deception will make you uncomfortable with yourself. Self deception will make you hate yourself. So just be honest with yourself and others and you will be comfortable with who you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend has a 3 gay friends is he down low or secretly gay? [ 15 Answers ]

Well I been on and off with my boyfriend for 7 years. I have always thought he was very manly. Until I met Charley his openly gay friend. He and Charley have known one another for about 10 plus years.There have been rumors from family members, friends, and the mother of his two kids that he and...

I am gay and I kept convincing myself that I am straight... I don't want to be gay [ 7 Answers ]

I am 22 year old. I am indian and being an indian and that too gay is a big problem. Its look down upon. I kept convincing myself that I am at least bisexual but I am not. If my family would find out they will be broken down to pieces. I felt like killing myself before telling it to anyone. I just...

A gay marrying a gal without telling her he is a gay [ 5 Answers ]

This happened a in India, where a NRI married their GAY son with an innocent girl who didn't know that guy is a gay. After the arrange marriage Guy started behaving badly with the Girl and told her that he is a GAY. Her marriage was not registered and both parties agreed to nullify the marriage. ...

Do I start with my gay friend or my gay friends crush? [ 4 Answers ]

How it happened: Me an my gay best friend Bill(names have been changed) are in the same class as his crush, Dave a feminine guy that everyone likes. He's funny an the perfect guy bill has been waiting for(he tells me but I've heard it before:rolleyes: ) and when bill gets giddy I get giddy. ...

View more questions Search