Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juderules Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2013, 05:24 PM
    ABS cement on PVC pipe
    I used medium black abs cement on pvc pipe for my sprinklers. (diddnt realise there was a difference in glue). Will it hold?

Nov 12, 2013, 05:47 PM
    Pvc
    I used medium black abs glue on white pvc pipe for my sprinklers, wich are not buried yet, I also primered the pipe with the purple stuff. I have pretty good water pressure and only three sprinklers but many joints. Will it hold? Or leak? I guess I'm not the brightest bulb in the tool shed
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 12, 2013, 06:04 PM
    Will it hold?
    No.

Nov 13, 2013, 02:45 PM
    Thanks I guess ill just re do it
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 14, 2013, 04:18 PM
    Better that then have pipes blowing apart and having to dig things up down the road. As much as it stinks, repipe it and don't be too hard on yourself... you are not the first or last person to do this BY ANY MEANS!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Used abs cement on central vac pvc pipe. Connections seem strong. Will it last? [ 1 Answers ]

By mistake connected Central vac PVC pipes (none of the pipe's or connectors have PVC stamped on them) using ABS cement. The connections seem strong. Will it last? Will the small vibrations that I suspect occur when the central vac is on, break the connections over time? Is there a tape that...

Is abs and pvc pipe sizes the same and can they be joined with multi pourpse cement? [ 5 Answers ]

I am working on a sink drain in a mobil home that has abs drains. ABS pipe and fittings are not available here in our town,so my question is can I adapt from abs to pvc using the multi pourpose Glue. And are the pipe sizes the same? Thanks Angelo

I used white pvc cement on abs pipe will it work? [ 2 Answers ]

I used pvc solvent cement on abs pipe just want to know if it will work?

Abs vs pvc cement [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knows whether it is OK to use 'abs' cement on pvc pipe? I accidentally picked up a can of abs cement at Sears, which was right above the pvc fittings we were buying. Will

Now What--PVC cement on ABS [ 1 Answers ]

Used PVC cement on black (ABS?) pipe on a trailer while gluing in a Drain Master flange. Cement is P-8 Nutone PVC Cement (ASTM D-2564). Joint looked good put didn't stress it. Will it hold? If not, what now? (just another example of gaining 'experience' by doing stupid things--great fun...

View more questions Search