Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lvillenana4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2013, 10:49 PM
    How to file child abandonment in Gwinnett County
    My Daughter and her Husband have abandoned their children "my Granddaughters in my care". They are both selling and taking drugs. They have not attempted to call or see or give us money for the children. We want to get temporary custody of the girls. We want to keep the state from taking them and putting them into foster homes. What is your best recommendation for us at this time?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 12, 2013, 04:53 AM
    Hire a lawyer and get custody granted to you through the courts.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 12, 2013, 05:52 AM
    Child Abandonment in GA is a criminal charge for not supporting your children. Its usually used by the custodial parent against the non custodial parent. So I'm not sure if that's what you want to use. If it is, then you go to your local prosecutor's office to file charges.

But the better course is to go to Family Court and file for custody of your grandchildren. I would suggest retaining an attorney to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gwinnett county-GEORGIA child abandoment law [ 4 Answers ]

Divorce pending , I have temp order for child support & alimony . Father has not complied to either my biggest concern is child support. I have not recd the court appointed amt since Sept 2012. He made a $400 payment jan 1.he was active military but now has taking a less paying civilian job ....

Child abandonment gwinnett county [ 2 Answers ]

Father of my child has not contacted our child in over 30-day and has not given any type of financial support in 30-days... Father filed for joint custody but has continued to not give child support for the child or have consistent contact. I want to file for abandonment in Gwinnett do I have...

How do I actually file the motion in Superior Court in Gwinnett County, GA? [ 2 Answers ]

I have the necessary paper work to file the motion, I just don't know how to go about actually doing it. It asks for a case number at the top of the motion and since it is new there is no case number, do I have to go to the courthouse? I live in Ohio, but am filing contempt against my ex husband...

How to File Child Abandonment in Douglas County, Georgia? [ 11 Answers ]

I filed for child support for my three month baby, two months ago. There has not been a support order yet, but he has been served. He has not given me any money since my baby has been born. Can I file a child abandonment against him in Douglas County, GA? Or, do I have wait until there is an order...

I was told by the riverside county child support office to file for abandonment. [ 7 Answers ]

There has been no contact, support or visitation in 6 years and I would like his rights taken away?

View more questions Search