Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pokarela Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2013, 07:34 PM
    Car title
    I purchased a car but the seller had 07 on the title because he was going to sell the car at the time but the buyer never bought it. What can I do about changing the date, or what can I do?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2013, 09:44 PM
    Depends on the state you live in. Check with the DMV. In some states a notarized letter will suffice. Make sure the VIN is correct and matches on all parts.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 12, 2013, 12:22 PM
    The date on the contract between you and the seller showing the date you bought the car should be correct (you do have a contract, right?). Also on the title the seller could cross out the original incorrect date and write in the correct date of sale, and initial the change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bought a car from a used car lot and wasn't given the title how do I get the title [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a car from a used car lot. Wasn't given the title and have went round and round with them for over a yr. According to the DMV the title was released to the dealership. The owner first told me he was waiting for it to be mailed to him then he stated that he gave it to me. I have called...

Can I get a Car Title Loan if my car title is lost. [ 2 Answers ]

Since there is a way to check public records to see if a car title is free and clear, can I get a car title loan if I have lost my title

Car won't pass inspection, no title, no car, big loan [ 4 Answers ]

#1 Report Inappropriate Post https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/amhd_imgs/statusicon/post_old.gif Yesterday, 03:54 PM jpt123svt vbmenu_register("postmenu_1114330", true); New Member https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/amhd_imgs/statusicon/user_offline.gif Join Date: Jun 2008 Posts: 1 ...

View more questions Search