Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nancy d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2013, 07:12 PM
    1949 sears coldspot refrigerator parts?
    Where would I find a replacement power distributor replacement part? Repairman said power coming in and light working inside but won't sent power to the compressor to start cooling. The refrigerator came on and off twice while I was away but now only the light comes on and the start sound of the fridge dose t happen. This model only has a metal box inside for the freezer area with a metal door closing right to left. Would appreciate any info. Thanks.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2013, 09:35 PM
    I'd try Ebay.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 11, 2013, 10:29 PM
    replacement power distributor replacement part
    There won't be such a thing for a 1949 model. We weren't that sophisticated in 1949. You need a better repairman. Most likely you need one that wants figure out what's wrong. Most likely power coming in will go through thermostat switch (that thing you turn to set temperature) if you have one. That will turn compressor on and off. Surprised that you even have a light in a 1949 model. Wiring should be fairly simple for someone to trace. Should be thermostatic switch, and compressor motor, condenser fan and possible an evaporator fan. First thing I would look for would be corroded points in thermostatic switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore coldspot refrigerator [ 7 Answers ]

My Kenmore coldspot refrigerator, quit making ice.

I have a 1949 sears 24in cut riding mower does anyone have any website or info. [ 0 Answers ]

It runs and cuts it has 4 forward speeds an it looks like it has 2 rev spds too... has solid rubber rear tires an 2 tires in front which look like wagon wheels... its got a 6.5 clinton motor that don't smoke etc etc, I want to fix it up but need body parts as some covers are missing ty ...

Kenmore coldspot refrigerator not defrosting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a problem with my Kenmore side by side refrigerator. It is model # 106.57919700. Everything works fine except the defrost cycle. Had to defrost it twice now. It has a control board not a mechanical timer. I would like to know more about how it works before I just replace it....

Kenmore COLDSPOT refrigerator [ 0 Answers ]

Kenmore Coldspot Refrigerator Model# 10578182891 icemaker not receiving water after replacing the pump. Could the leads be reversed?

Old Sears Coldspot from '69 leaking water into the refrigerator compartment [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears Coldspot (freezer on top, fridge on bottom) from 1969 that has recently begun to drip water from the ceiling of the refrigerator compartment. At first when I went to check out the problem I saw that the ceiling bends down at the back, and I was worried it had been leaking so long...

View more questions Search