Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lss0724 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Ex not paying college tuition?
    Can my ex refuse to pay for our son's college tuition even though it is in the divorce that we each pay 50%? He says he doesn't have the money and probably can't get a loan due to negative equity on his house... Is it worth it to take him to court?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 09:25 AM
    If this is part of the divorce decree than take him back to court, he in is comtempt of the court order.
    EmbracingPose Posts: 15, Reputation: -2

May 12, 2011, 06:46 AM
    Consult the lawyer whom took care of the divorce; get his/her professional opinion on whether it is worth it. If your husband's credit IS shot, you son will most likely have to get a student loan to assist you with the tuition this year. When he applies for financial aid, only put the parent whom make the least amount of money down. If your ex-husband is making much, he may be your golden ticket to getting the financial help you need
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 12, 2011, 07:17 AM

Please keep an eye on the dates - this is over 3 years old, long dead. I'm sure the OP has figured things out by now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

Withdrawal from 401k for child's college tuition [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to confirm something for my brother. In 2006 he did an early withdrawal from his 401k of $5,000.00 to go towards his daughter's first year of college tuition. What ax liability his he facing?

Paying fiancŽ's Tuition? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I am a graduate student and am engaged to be married in August of this year, 2006. The only debt I currently have are undergraduate student loans. I have a small amount of savings and am able to support myself while going to graduate school without taking out more loans. My fiancé...

Tuition [ 5 Answers ]

I seriosly need to know the pros and cons of tuition(extra classes).I am joining a debate:eek: Please send me links to other websites which r related to what I need to know.Please do help and thank you.

View more questions Search