Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dratewka2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2013, 04:46 PM
    Help with Finance Problem - Forward Contract/Coupon Bonds
    Hi I've been working on a finance review for my exam and I can't seem to figure this question out hope someone can shed some light.

In the table below you find prices on zero coupon bonds with j years to maturity.
    j 1 2 3 4
    Bj 95 90 84 78

a) You need to borrow $100 million in two years. Since you are uncertain about future interest rates, you want to get into a forward contract to borrow $100 million two years from now for two years in the form of a discount loan. How would you construct such a forward contract?

b) How can you calculate the duration of a bond that pays $10 next year as well as every year after that in perpetuity? Explain.

Any help or first steps would be appreciated!
    alanserhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2014, 02:38 AM
    Hi!

I actually have the same problem. Did you find out any solution? I really appretiate if you have an answer you want to share.

Best Regards

Alan from Norway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convertible zero-coupon bonds - journal entry [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have been given an assignment on convertible zero-coupon bonds. I tried to solve it, but I find it quite difficult and I'd like a review. I hope this is the right place to ask for help on exercises. The data to do this assignment is taken from a real case. I quote the text,...

Benefits of purchasing zero - coupon bonds [ 1 Answers ]

What do you think are the benefits to the investor in purchasing zero-coupon bonds

Zero coupon bonds [ 2 Answers ]

Company x needs to raise $75 million they are issuing two types of bond traditional 10% semi and 10yr zero coupon bond. Assuming a market rate of 10% what is the face value of the zero coupon bond ?

View more questions Search