Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    15yearoldgirl Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Nov 10, 2013, 03:48 PM
    Fancy dress costume ideas
    Hey
    So basically I'm going to a big party in a few weeks and I can't think of any ideas for a costume. I want it to be a little original but not too pricey. I'm 15 by the way :) please as many suggestions as possible? Thanks
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 10, 2013, 03:59 PM
    So it's a costume party? Does it have to be fancy dress?

If it's all about an original costume you could go as a rubiks cube. Very easy to make. Just find a large square box, draw in the lines and paint the sides the colors of a rubiks cube. Cut out arm holes, and a hole for your head, cut out the bottom, put on leggings and a black long sleeved shirt, and voilą, you're a rubiks cube. You should be able to find a box for free, buy the paints (you could find those at a dollar store) and find clothes that would work already in your wardrobe. Total cost should be under $10.

Only problem with this costume is sitting down. But it is very original. :)
    Pets Expert

Nov 10, 2013, 04:05 PM
    If you could give me a better idea for the criteria you're looking for I could come up with a few other ideas. Also, how much are you willing to spend? Do you want to look pretty, or do you just want to be original?

Nov 10, 2013, 04:08 PM
    Wow that's a fab idea! Haha definitely one to consider thanks! Okay well it's just a general costume party so you can go as anything you want. For example my sister is going as Snow White and my friend as where's Wally (it's an English thing, you might not have heard of it?). I don't mind about looking pretty or anything as in I don't specifically want a princess costume or anything like that, but also I don't want to look totally horrible?
    Pets Expert

Nov 10, 2013, 04:28 PM
    I really like this idea:

Google Image Result for http://partycity5.scene7.com/is/image/PartyCity/_ml_p2p_pc_carousel_badge%3F%24_ml_p2p_pc_carousel _zoom%24%26%24product%3DPartyCity/145017

Should be pretty easy to make, if you have some sewing skills, or someone you know does. The thing that's great about it, every girl is a princess, or something sexy or pretty. The guys, they like girls that are original. You'll have people coming up to you all night trying to squeeze you to make that one of a kind whoopee cushion sound. Great conversation piece. :)

You'd need pink material, a felt would be the best (like craft felt), and then markers to draw on the logo. If you get felt you don't even need to sew it, you could glue it together.

Am I getting close to an idea you like?

Nov 10, 2013, 04:30 PM
    Wow these are so original :) (which is good!) The only problem is, it needs to be something I can sit down in because we'll be eating as well

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fancy Dress costume suggestions? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Its my 22nd birthday on the 30th of July and I'm having a fancy dress night out. I am trying to think of a costume that would be cool, a bit original but also sexy. I'm very pro-geek so anything obscure and nerdy would be good too lol I'm white, shortish blonde hair, curvy hourglass...

Fancy Dress Costume [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a fancy dress party tonight with a TV and film theme. I ordered an Indiana Jones costume off the Internet but it won't come in time for tonight. So has anyone got any ideas of what I wear? Anything that can easily be done with clothes that I would porbablu have in my house. Possibility to...

Fancy Dress Costume [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I have a problem. We have to dress up as a famous rockstar but I have no idea who.. I'm a 5 ft 2ish, not so skinny blonde and would love someone that is a similar shape if possibly... preferably someone well known. Please help!

Disney fancy dress party- ideas? [ 6 Answers ]

My friend is having a fancy dress party for her birthday, and everyone has to go as a disney character. Any ideas? I'm male by the way :)

View more questions Search